Field <function name here> does not have a corresponding component.

Warren Postma

Jul 30, 2008, 4:05:52 PM7/30/08
The D2007 IDE two-way tools parser is driving me crazy.

I have experienced this bug many times before but it has gone away when
the code is recompiled. The IDE warns me that some property in my code
is not in the form. But it's not a property at all, it's a function or
procedure in this case. It's making me insane. Argh!

Warren Postma

Jul 30, 2008, 4:34:57 PM7/30/08
I have found a definite bug in the IDE Parser, the problem is it doesn't
replicate.

TMyDataModule = class(TDataModule)
//... snippage ...
private

function GetMethod(index:Integer):TTekMethod; // THIS CLASS NOT
DEFINED IN THIS UNIT. MOVE ME, AND NO PROBLEMS
function GetTekMdsUserIniFilename:String; // FIRST WITH THIS SIGNATURE!
function GetTekMdsIniFilename:String; // SECOND WITH SAME
SIGNATURE! DIES HERE!
function GetDisabledMethods:TStrings;
function GetDefaultMethodName:String;

// .. snip
end;

The two-way tools parser dies, with this "does not have corresponding
component" error.

1. This failure pattern does not reproduce when I try it in a standalone
project.
2. If you move the first declaration (function
foo(bar:bat):TSomeClassDefinedSomewhereOtherThanThisUnit) so it's not
the first declaration the problem goes away.

Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Jul 30, 2008, 10:27:38 PM7/30/08
Warren Postma wrote:

> function GetTekMdsUserIniFilename:String; // FIRST WITH THIS
> SIGNATURE! function GetTekMdsIniFilename:String; // SECOND WITH
> SAME SIGNATURE! DIES HERE!

Sounds a lot like a "don't do that" bug <g>

--
Dave Nottage [TeamB]

Christopher Alexander

Jun 2, 2011, 4:51:03 AM6/2/11
I get this problem. Very annoying. Found that it happens only if the affected unit is open in Delphi when compiling/building. If I close the unit and try again then the problem doesn't occur.