The Fix (Worked for me, hope it works for you...)

mk.as...@googlemail.com

Nov 8, 2008, 6:14:42 PM11/8/08
This one really did my head in, took me weeks to track down the
problem and finally fixed it.

Right for those of you who are experiencing the same issue, here's the
fix which worked for me and I hope it does for you as well. I've
scoured all over the net and no one has the solution for it.

I had the same issue, I fixed it by going to the following folder

(Vista) C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Borland\BDS\5.0
XP should be C:\Document and Settings\<username>\AppData\Roaming
\Borland\BDS\5.0

You should see a file called "EnvOptions.proj"

Just rename it to anything, I renamed it to "EnvOptions.proj.corrupt"

Restarted Delphi and the problem was gone. Delphi will now generate a
new "EnvOptions.proj" file.

Everything should be fine from this point on.

Good luck!

mk.as...@googlemail.com

Nov 8, 2008, 6:23:45 PM11/8/08

This is to fix the "root element is missing" when booting up delphi,
This error message appears during the delphi splash screen...

aku...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2012, 3:21:44 AM6/23/12
Thanks a lot... !!
This fix work for me. I really appreciate it... :)

doubl...@gmail.com

Oct 9, 2012, 12:27:33 PM10/9/12
This also worked for me for the "Root Element is Missing" error. Thank goodness!

the...@gmail.com

Aug 14, 2013, 5:20:52 PM8/14/13
Thanks :)