Error: Debugger kernel missing in CodeGear Delphi2007

Hans Frensen

Oct 16, 2007, 5:39:21 AM10/16/07
After a haddisk format and reinstalling CodeGear Rad Studio Delphi 2007 when
i try to run my program from within the integrated debugger i get this error
message: Debugger kernel BORDBK105.DLL or BORDBK105N.DLL is missing or could
not be loaded. The debugger then stops. I can run the programs .exe fine,
but not from the debugger....
Both files mentioned can be found in c:\program files\CodeGear\RAD
studio\5.0\bin so i think the problem is that they cannot be loaded...
does anyone have bright ideas how to solve this ? I already tried to repair
the installation, and removed it and reinstalled, but no succes....

Peter Below (TeamB)

Oct 16, 2007, 1:14:51 PM10/16/07
Hans Frensen wrote:

I could only find one reference to this error in the newsgroup
archives. The user got it after installing an (unspecified) update for
D2007, which failed to complete properly. Rerunning the update fixed
it, so i would have expected a reinstall to do the same for you (unless
it failed again).

The debugger kernel registers COM objects, which it may have failed to
do in your case. Navigate to the folder where the DLL resides in a
console window and run regsvr32 (or was it regsrv32?) on it, then try
again.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :

Hans Frensen

Oct 17, 2007, 4:50:34 AM10/17/07
Thanks for your swift answer. Your suggestion did the trick. It's regsrv32
by the way....

"Peter Below (TeamB)" <none> schreef in bericht

Pieter Zijlstra

Oct 17, 2007, 3:13:13 PM10/17/07
Hans Frensen wrote:

> [..] It's regsrv32 by the way....

That's what it should have been, but it is regsvr32 (on XP) <g>

--
Pieter

Peter Below (TeamB)

Oct 19, 2007, 3:27:15 AM10/19/07
Pieter Zijlstra wrote:

Regardless of which one it is, I always pick the wrong one <g>.

Rodolfo Jimenez

Dec 16, 2021, 8:40:11 AM12/16/21
abrir ventana Ejecutar:

C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\bin\bordbk105N.dll"
C:\Windows\System32\regsvr32.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeGear\RAD Studio\5.0\bin\bordbk105.dll"