Creeping slow Delphi 2007 IDE on large unit

kwdavids

Nov 17, 2008, 3:08:46 PM11/17/08
I have an 76,000 Delphi unit (WSDL import). At various times I need to
refer to the unit to see how something is defined (I don't change it).
Whenever the unit is opened the IDE gets incredibly slow. It's like it
is only active for a few seconds at a time and then goes to sleep for
maybe 12-20 seconds. I click, stall, control-F, stall, search, stall,
find next stall, click drag (fail) stall, click drag (fail) stall,
click-drag (selects wrong text), stall, scroll down, stall, close,
stall. (I have 2 GB of ram, and two dual-core processors on the
machine).

I literally takes half an hour to look at a few lines of code.

I tried making the unit read only, and turning off code insight.
Nothing helped. My productivity is approaching zero on this project.