BPL search path for required package?

Peter Müller-Mannhardt

Nov 15, 2007, 9:35:22 AM11/15/07
I'm using D7 / Make.exe to build an bpl that requies, among others,
rtl70. But where ever I place rtl70.bpl I get an "required package
'rt70' not found" fatal error. When I compile from inside the IDE (on
another machine) it is OK. So what is the right place for that
"required packages" or more general speaking: What is the search path
that the make-tool is using to find "required BPLs" ?
Txs PMM

Peter Below (TeamB)

Nov 15, 2007, 12:09:46 PM11/15/07
Peter Müller-Mannhardt wrote:

The BPLs should be in the system32 folder under Windows/WinNT, that is
where the Delphi install puts them. What the linker is looking for are
the matching dcp files. Those are installed into the Delphi LIB
directory, together with the unit DCUs. If you use the command-line
compiler you have to specify a library path for it, either through a
dcc32.cfg file, or a command-line parameter. The library path should be
what you have specified in the IDEs Tools->Options dialog.

--
Peter Below (TeamB)
use the newsgroup archives :

Peter Müller-Mannhardt

Nov 16, 2007, 1:57:55 AM11/16/07
Peter Below (TeamB) wrote:
Txs Peter,
now it works. Problem was indeed that rtl.dcp was missing, not the
rtl70.bpl (and that it is named rtl.dcp not rtl70.dcp...)
PMM