Custom Color Capture Utility?

John B.

May 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/9/00
Can anyone recommend a utility that can be used to capture the color code
for any color in any Windows object? At a minimum, it should display the
4-byte hexadecimal number code of the pixel being clicked upon and, ideally,
it would have an option to copy the code to the clipboard for pasting into a
Delphi TColor property. TIA

Mauro Patiño

May 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/9/00
try moochers.com

there go into the graphics link then into the colorpickers link

Ian Timmins

May 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/10/00
On Tue, 9 May 2000 12:51:11 -0700, "John B." <tim...@cwia.com> wrote:

>Can anyone recommend a utility that can be used to capture the color code
>for any color in any Windows object? At a minimum, it should display the
>4-byte hexadecimal number code of the pixel being clicked upon and, ideally,
>it would have an option to copy the code to the clipboard for pasting into a
>Delphi TColor property. TIA

Apologies if this message has been duplicated

Try My Web Toolbox at http://web.one.net.au/~webtoolbox/toolbox.htm

Ian Timmins

John B.

May 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/10/00
These utilities produce RGB codes and 3-byte hex color codes (e.g. #F7EBD6).
Is there a utility that produces the Delphi 4-byte hex code (e.g. $00FFFFFF
for white)? Or, is there a Delphi routine available to convert between the
two? TIA again.

Dave Eisler

May 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/10/00
Glad you asked! My graphics utility will tell you the color of any pixel on
the screen in RGB, HLS or WebColor units. It includes a magnifier for seeing
the analyzed pixel up close and personal. Contains many other graphics tools
like rulers, tape measure, screen capture...

http://zoomtools.home.mindspring.com

-Dave Eisler
zoom...@mindspring.com

John B. <tim...@cwia.com> wrote in message

John B.

May 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/11/00
Nevermind. Since no one's jumping forward here, I wrote a small "RGB to
Delphi hex code" converter. It'll get the job done for now.