2 questions....Install Shield and DHTML

1 view

Big Jon

Dec 26, 2000, 11:58:01 PM12/26/00
Hey guys,
i dont know if both of these questions are the correct newsgroup or not,
but tried others with no response. First question is I have Install Shield
Pro 6.0, i think, and I have not a clue to use it. I just need to create a
simple install program that registers the BDE and my program. The problem
is it wont copy any files over, but it creates shortcuts properly. Can
anybody help or better yet, send me to a some kind of reference.

The Second question is about DHTML. I created a DHTML project that does a
simple output HTML. The project compiles into a dll. I run it on my
windows 95 machine that has microsoft personal web server loaded on it. The
problem is that internet explorer says it cant find the web page, but it has
no problem finding other websites that are on the local web server. Help.
here is the source code for those that need it:

I first created a web server app and then created an action and then added
path info "/test". then from there i added the event OnAction. Then
inserted the following code in the event handler:

procedure TMainWebMod.MainWebModWebActionItem1Action(Sender: TObject;
Request: TWebRequest; Response: TWebResponse; var Handled: Boolean);
var
Page : TStringList;
begin
Page := TStringList.Create;
try
with Page do
begin
Add('<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>Delphi Web Page</TITLE>');
Add('</HEAD><BODY>');
Add('This was dynamically created');
Add('</BODY></HTML>');
end;
Response.Content := Page.Text;
finally
Page.Free;
end;
end;

Bill Todd (TeamB)

Dec 27, 2000, 2:45:04 PM12/27/00
What is the URL you enter in IE?

--
Bill

Steffen Schramm

Dec 27, 2000, 4:07:01 PM12/27/00
> First question is I have Install Shield
> Pro 6.0, i think, and I have not a clue to use it. I just need to create
> simple install program that registers the BDE and my program. The problem
> is it wont copy any files over, but it creates shortcuts properly. Can
> anybody help or better yet, send me to a some kind of reference.

What about using another install program? Inno Setup (www.innosetup.com)
and Inno Setup Extensions (www.wintax.nl/isx) are very good. Inno Setup
Extension supports advanced scripting support ( pascal language ) and the
new Win2k style. They are both FREE and open-source (written in
Delphi ). You can find great support in the Inno Setup newsgroups
(news.jrsoftware.org). On the Inno Setup website you can find several
third-party files and programs. With ISTool (www.lerstad.com/istool)
you can very small make setups in only some minutes - and the setups
are very small. Installing the BDE is supported too.

BTW, I´m not paid by Jordan Russel ( the creator of Inno Setup),
only a happy user of Inno Setup :-)

Steffen Schramm
--
CleanKeeper - http://www.cleankeeper.esmartweb.com