PrivDir

Tuto

Jun 4, 2009, 11:20:45 AM6/4/09
D5, Paradox, BDE

Hi.. I want to improve de performance of my apps setting the PrivDir,
So i have a lan enviromet where i have the BDE-Local Share = True on
the server and the apps and the data tables are in diferent
directories, the net dir is set to the server on a c:\net directory...
all the other terminals are local share = false and the net dir are
set to \\server\net\ dir.

So i set the PrivDir to a local dir on every pc (c:\privdir) , when
the apps initialize and before use any session o database funtion, but
when i run my app this get slow and freeze, otherwisse i need to run 2
apps that share some tables for both of them, i set diferent privdirs
for every app, but the problem goes on...

Somebody can help me please .... ???? !!!!