How to unlock Paradox file?

Laura Sparer

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
I'm developing a desktop application using local paradox files & D3.02.

I went to Database Desktop - Restructure - added a column to a table -
Save - got a page fault - couldn't close DBD, even after closing Delphi
- rebooted. Not my finest hour.

Now I get 'File is locked' wherever I try to open that table (DBD,
Explore, my project). I see references to lockfiles here & there, but
not enough detail to know what to do.

Any help much appreciated,
Laura Sparer

Thomas Hartleben

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
I think you can simply delete the two .lck files in your database
directory.

Bill Todd (TeamB)

Aug 24, 1998, 3:00:00 AM8/24/98
It sounds like you have a corrupt lock file on your disk as a result of the
crash. Search the data and private directories for all instances of
PDOXUSRS.LCK and delete them.

--
Bill Todd

alvachri...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2015, 4:59:10 AM12/31/15
Locked Paradox .db Database File is one of the common issues faced by users. If you are stuck in such situation then no need to worry you have Paradox Database Repair Software that can easily restore data from a large number of corrupt .DB files.
http://paradox.filerepairtool.net/blog/recover-locked-db-database-file/