Insufficient Disk Space

Jose Alsina

May 14, 2002, 6:21:43 AM5/14/02

I get the error message 'Insufficient Disk Space' when executing a query even though I have plenty. This occurs when I have around 4.2GB or multiple of 4GB of free disk space. If I move away from this number (or multiple) I do not get the problem. I am using Delphi 5, Paradox tables and BDE. If I use ADO components I do not get the problem!.

BillB

May 14, 2002, 7:30:33 AM5/14/02

"Jose Alsina" <jose....@gxs.ge.com> wrote in message

Check out the thread 'insufficient disk space and Win2000' at
http://www.tamaracka.com/
Apparently the BDE has problems with multiples of 4G and maybe 2G. The work
around is to copy some files to the harddrive so you have a odd amount of
space ex. 3.5G

Jose Alsina

May 15, 2002, 10:21:09 AM5/15/02

Bill,

Thank you for your help. I found the site very useful in
confirming that there is no specific fix apart from adding
or removing files to change the free disk space. This is not
much of a fix specially since we have to talk to customers
through this fix? whenever it happens. I am a bit surprised
that it has not been formally logged as a bug...

One solution it occurs to me as I write this is to create a
large file after the application starts if this 'condition'
is detected. I have a little application that uses the
build-in DiskFree function and a well known function that
returns the wrong number to show the workings of this bug!

Finally, I found via a colleague that using searching on
google groups http://www.google.com/grphp?hl=en gives a wider result set.

Regards

Jose

pieteru...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2013, 3:09:06 AM3/5/13
to Jose Alsina
This is temporary solution for this problem. First, search file "inmem" from windows explorer search. Then, right-click on that file. Then, choose properties - advance. Please check on "Compress content for save disk space".