DBExpress Performace Loss from Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009

Charly

Jun 23, 2009, 5:07:25 PM6/23/09
Hello out there!
Usually you expect newer Versions of Database Frameworks do have a
greater perfomance. Codegear achieved to fullfil the opposite! I am
working with DbExpress and Firebird 2.1 and recently updated from
Delphi 7 to Delphi 2009. (Stupid Idea, I should have known)

Take this simple code snippet from my app

SQL:= 'SELECT ' + G_PACKAGEFIELDS + ' FROM ARBPAK WHERE
VATERID=0';
qryPakete:= TSQLQuery.Create(nil);
qryPakete.SQLConnection:= ECompDataModul.XTConnection;
qryPakete.GetMetadata:= false;
SQL:= SQL + ' ORDER BY NAME';
qryPakete.SQL.Add(SQL);
qryPakete.Open;
qryPakete.First;
while not qryPakete.Eof do
begin
// do something
qryPakete.Next;
end;
qryPakete.Close;
qryPakete.Free;

Performance measures proved that it takes double(!) the time executing
this with DBExpress 4 than with old DBExpress from Delphi 7. This is
independent of the Database Driver I am using with DBExpress 4 (the
original Interbase dbxint, the devart driver dbxida or the upscene
driver dbx_upfb).
The old Delphi 7 application taking dbexpint.dll as Driver just needs
half the time. It is exactly the same code snippet in exactly the same
application.

Does anybody have any idea how to get my old performance back?

brgds
Sven Weiberg