ADO and PostgreSQL OLE DB Provider

Gert

Jul 24, 2009, 12:07:57 PM7/24/09

When I use a TAdoTable --> TDataSource --> TDBGrid combination with
PostGress I can see the data but don't update records - the record is
marked as edit mode in the grid, but don't take keyboard input

If I use the same with SQL server, I can update records.

One difference is that when i add all the columns in the columns
editor of the grid, the SQL server columns is "Readonly=false" by
default.

For PostGres is "Readonly=true" by default.

If i manually make this readonly=false, then my problem is not
resolved.

Am I correct the problem is in the OleDb Provider?
Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
Info=False;Initial Catalog=TestDb;Data Source=MyServer

Gert

Jul 24, 2009, 12:12:37 PM7/24/09
> Am I correct the problem is in the OleDb Provider?
> Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security
> Info=False;Initial Catalog=TestDb;Data Source=MyServer

oops, used the wrong connectionstring in my 1ste post:
Provider=PostgreSQL.1;Password=postgres;User ID=postgres;Data
Source=MyServer;Location=TestDb;Extended Properties=""

(The Provider=SQLOLEDB.1 one is the one that work to MSSql Server)