Saving a Video stream to a .avi file

bharath_r

Feb 19, 2008, 6:58:48 AM2/19/08

I have a capture device that captures videos in H.264 format. The
problem is it saves it in a proprietary format (.vgz). I am decoding
the .vgz file using the SDK provided by the device manufacturer to
convert the .vgz to generic H.264 format. The decode function reads a
frame from the .vgz file and decodes the frame into a BYTE pointer. I
would like to know how i can convert this stream into .avi. I heard it
can be done with vfw( video for windows library), but i don't know how
to start with it. Any help in this regard is highly appretiated.

Thanks
Bharath