RxLib2.60 BCB4 build

William Weinman

Feb 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/24/99
Can anyone post help, directions, etc. on recompiling RxLib2.60 under
BCB4? With a little tweaking I got rxctl to compile, but rxdb gives me
a pascal fatal error in unit rxdbctrl.pas.

TIA,

Bill W.

--
"As far as the laws of mathematics apply to reality, they are not
certain, and

Stefan Hoffmeister

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
: William Weinman <w*sendnospam*wei...@starnetinc.com> wrote:

>Can anyone post help, directions, etc. on recompiling RxLib2.60 under
>BCB4?

Modify RX.INC --- and ***only*** RX.INC.

--
Stefan Hoffmeister http://www.econos.de/
No private email, please, unless expressly invited.

Bradley Davidson

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
How did you get rxctl to build? I get a linker error on GUAGES.obj.

Brad
William Weinman <w*sendnospam*wei...@starnetinc.com> wrote in message

> Can anyone post help, directions, etc. on recompiling RxLib2.60 under

Bradley Davidson

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
What changes in RX.inc need to be made?

Brad

Stefan Hoffmeister <no....@contact.in.signature> wrote in message

> : William Weinman <w*sendnospam*wei...@starnetinc.com> wrote:
>
> >Can anyone post help, directions, etc. on recompiling RxLib2.60 under
> >BCB4?

Stefan Hoffmeister

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
: "Bradley Davidson" <davi...@go-racecar.com> wrote:

>What changes in RX.inc need to be made?

I don't remember. Just match the existing BCB code.

Wayne A. King

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
On Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:46:37 -0500, "Bradley Davidson"
<davi...@go-racecar.com> wrote:

>How did you get rxctl to build? I get a linker error on GUAGES.obj.

Is there a spelling error there? Maybe it should be "gauges.obj".

--
Wayne A. King
(ba...@torfree.net, wayne...@ablelink.org,

William Weinman

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
I searched through the code and found that gauges.obj is called in on one leg
of a conditional define (I think it was in ProgressBar...code not handy at
the moment). I eliminated that leg forcing comctrl(?) to be linked instead.
Don't know if this was asking for future problems. Figured I'd get it to
install first, then go back and sort it out.

Taking a clue from Stefan's post, I'll now be taking a close look at Rx.inc.

Bill W.

Bradley Davidson wrote:

> How did you get rxctl to build? I get a linker error on GUAGES.obj.
>

> Brad
> William Weinman <w*sendnospam*wei...@starnetinc.com> wrote in message

> > Can anyone post help, directions, etc. on recompiling RxLib2.60 under

William Weinman

Feb 25, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/25/99
I looked in RX.inc and found that by letting it set RX_D4 along with RX_V110
when VER110 is defined (BCB3) and by activating $DEFINE USE_PROGRESSBAR, I
could get rxctl to compile. However compiling rxdb still gives me the pascal

fatal error in unit rxdbctrl.pas.

any help appreciated -

Bradley Davidson

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
Ok... Lets see.

1: I got RXCTL.BPL to build by doing what you said, Uncommenting $DEFINE
USE_PROGRESSBAR in RX.INC.

2: I was able to get DCLRXCTL.BPL to build by creating a new {$DEFINE
VER130}
in RX.INC at the beginning of the file and adding the following code:

{$IFDEF VER130}
const
SDelphiKey = 'Software\Borland\C++Builder\4.0';
{$ENDIF}

I still cant get RXDB.BPL or DCLRXDB.BPL to build. I believe I am getting
the
same error as you:

[Pascal Fatal Error] RxDBCtrl.pas(3796): Internal error: GH2300.

Hope this helps anyone...

Brad

William Weinman <w*sendnospam*wei...@starnetinc.com> wrote in message

Stefan Hoffmeister

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
: "Bradley Davidson" <davi...@go-racecar.com> wrote:

>Ok... Lets see.
>
>1: I got RXCTL.BPL to build by doing what you said, Uncommenting $DEFINE
>USE_PROGRESSBAR in RX.INC.
>
>2: I was able to get DCLRXCTL.BPL to build by creating a new {$DEFINE
>VER130}

C++Builder is VER125

Bradley Davidson

Feb 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/26/99
Great... Were getting closer....

1: To get RXCTL.BPL to build, un-comment $DEFINE USE_PROGRESSBAR
in RX.INC.

2: To get DCLRXCTL.BPL to build, add the following code to RXCONST.PAS:

{$IFDEF VER125}

Stefan Hoffmeister

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
: William Weinman <w*sendnospam*wei...@starnetinc.com> wrote:

>I looked in RX.inc and found that by letting it set RX_D4 along with RX_V110
>when VER110 is defined (BCB3) and by activating $DEFINE USE_PROGRESSBAR, I
>could get rxctl to compile. However compiling rxdb still gives me the pascal
>fatal error in unit rxdbctrl.pas.

Sigh. See below.

One word of warning - I have absolutely no interest in DB
applications. It might or might not compile for you, I am just not
interested (and in probability have not even tried).

Further, if it does not build for you, just compile the design-time
packages with Delphi 4.03 and install those into BCB4.

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk - I will give no support for this.

{*******************************************************}
{ }
{ RX Library include file }
{ Copyright (c) 1996 AO ROSNO }
{ Copyright (c) 1997, 1998 Master-Bank }
{ }
{*******************************************************}

{$D-}

{ RX.INC is included in all RX Library units so you can specify
global compiler options here. RX.INC is included before each units'
required compiler options and the options specified here can be
overridden by hardcode options in the source files }

{ Conditional defines that affect compilation }

{$DEFINE DCS}
{ Client/Server version. Deactivate this define if you have Delphi
Desktop or Professional Edition }

{.$DEFINE RX_MIDAS}
{ MIDAS components }

{$DEFINE USE_RX_GIF}
{ This define enables GIF image support. Deactivate this define
if you are using another GIF image support library. See README.TXT
for the legal aspects }

{$IFDEF WIN32}
{$DEFINE USE_PROGRESSBAR}
{ Activate this define if you do not want to use TGauge Borland sample
component in TDBProgress component and FileUtil routines. In this
case
TProgressBar component will be used }
{$ENDIF}

{$DEFINE DEFAULT_POPUP_CALENDAR}
{ This define controls whether a popup calendar is used as default
instead of a modal dialog in TDateEdit, TDBDateEdit components }

{$DEFINE USE_FOUR_DIGIT_YEAR}
{ This define controls whether FourDigitYear variable is used to
control
date format in TDateEdit, TDBDateEdit components. When this define
is not
active the ShortDateFormat variable is used instead }

{.$DEFINE USE_OLD_DBLISTS}
{ Activate this define to install old BDE lists components for
backward
compatibility with oldest RX versions }

{ ------------ !! DO NOT CHANGE DEFINES BELOW THIS LINE !!
------------ }

{$B-} {- Complete Boolean Evaluation }
{$R-} {- Range-Checking }
{$V-} {- Var-String Checking }
{$T-} {- Typed @ operator }
{$X+} {- Extended syntax }
{$P+} {- Open string params }
{$IFDEF WIN32}
{$J+} {- Writeable structured consts }
{$H+} {- Use long strings by default }
{$ENDIF}

{$IFDEF VER93} { Borland C++Builder 1.0 }
{$DEFINE CBUILDER}
{$ENDIF}

{$IFDEF VER100} {Borland Delphi 3.0 }
{$DEFINE RX_D3}
{$ENDIF}

{$IFDEF VER110} { Borland C++Builder 3.0 }
{$DEFINE CBUILDER}
{$ObjExportAll On}
{$UNDEF DCS}
{$UNDEF RX_MIDAS}
{$ENDIF}

{$IFDEF VER120} {Borland Delphi 4.0 }
{$DEFINE RX_D3}
{$DEFINE RX_D4}
{$ENDIF}

{$IFDEF VER125} {Borland C++ Builder 4.0 }
{$DEFINE CBUILDER}
{$ObjExportAll On}
{$ENDIF}

{$IFNDEF VER80} { Delphi 1.0 }
{$IFNDEF VER90} { Delphi 2.0 }
{$IFNDEF VER93} { C++Builder 1.0 }
{$DEFINE RX_D3} { Delphi 3.0 or higher }
{$IFNDEF VER100}
{$DEFINE RX_V110} { C++Builder 3.0 or higher }
{$IFNDEF VER110}
{$DEFINE RX_D4} { Delphi 4.0 or higher }
{$ENDIF}
{$ENDIF}
{$ENDIF}
{$ENDIF}
{$ENDIF}

{$IFDEF CBUILDER}
{$DEFINE USE_PROGRESSBAR}
{$UNDEF USE_OLD_DBLISTS}
{$IFNDEF VER93}
{$DEFINE RX_V110} { C++Builder 3.0 or higher }
{$ENDIF}
{$ENDIF}

{$IFNDEF RX_D3}
{$DEFINE DCS}
{$UNDEF RX_MIDAS}
{$ENDIF}

William Weinman

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
Thank you for posting this and for clarifying that you do not necessarily have the
DB components working. At least I can stop beating myself up with "How did he get
this working by changing only this one file?" if the DB stuff still doesn't go.

Bill W.

Stefan Hoffmeister wrote:

> Sigh. See below.
>
> One word of warning - I have absolutely no interest in DB
> applications. It might or might not compile for you, I am just not
> interested (and in probability have not even tried).
>
> Further, if it does not build for you, just compile the design-time
> packages with Delphi 4.03 and install those into BCB4.
>
> Disclaimer: Use at your own risk - I will give no support for this.
>

> <snip>

Stefan Hoffmeister

Feb 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/27/99
: William Weinman <w*sendnospam*wei...@starnetinc.com> wrote:

>Thank you for posting this and for clarifying that you do not necessarily have the
>DB components working. At least I can stop beating myself up with "How did he get
>this working by changing only this one file?" if the DB stuff still doesn't go.

Theoretically it should work. It compiles with D4, that much is
certain - and if it compiles with D4, the probability is pretty high
that it compiles with BCB...

William Weinman

Feb 28, 1999, 3:00:00 AM2/28/99
Thank you again, Stefan, for the post of the modified .inc file. All of the
pieces of RxLib (ctl and db) compiled like a charm.

Bill W.

Herbert Carl Meyer

Mar 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/7/99
Sorry, this got posted off thread. This is a re-post.

I tied it, got the runtime packages (RxCtl and RxDb) to compile, and
tried the design packages DclRxCtl and DclRxDb.

First, I got a required package dslstd32 missing, removed in
DclRxCtl.bpk, in
the section PFLAGS =
change -LUdclstd35 -LUdclstd40 (flags for the pascal compiler)

For an undefined symbol SDelphiKey:

To the file: RxConst.pas

after line 64 add:

{$IFDEF VER125}
const
SDelphiKey = 'Software\Borland\C++Builder\4.0';
{$ENDIF}

(defines a registry key)

now I am stuck at:

in SelDSFrm.pas at line 63:

uses MemTable, {$IFDEF RX_D3} RxMemDS, BdeConst {$ELSE} DbConsts
{$ENDIF},
TypInfo, VclUtils, StrUtils, RxLConst, DSDesign;

produces error File not Found: 'DSDesign.dcu'. Any ideas what would be
appropriate?

William Weinman

Mar 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/7/99
Hi -

If you do not have the client/server version you should disable the define
of DCS in file rx.inc. I think that's the cause of this problem.

Bill W.

Herbert Carl Meyer wrote:

Ian Journeaux

Mar 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/13/99
I have followed the thread on compiling RXLib with BCB4. FOr some reason I
just can't get the package installed. I can compile all of the componets of
RXctl but when I try to install DCLrxctl it complains that a DLL is not
available.

Has anyone been able to install this successfully and what were the steps
followed.

Take Care.

William Weinman <w*sendnospam*wei...@starnetinc.com> wrote in message
>Can anyone post help, directions, etc. on recompiling RxLib2.60 under
>BCB4? With a little tweaking I got rxctl to compile, but rxdb gives me

>a pascal fatal error in unit rxdbctrl.pas.
>

>TIA,
>
>Bill W.

Johnn Davis

Mar 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/13/99
I finally got everything to compile without a problem, by removing the
entries in the package files that refeered to vcl35.bpi etc. I used notepad
to open all the files with instances of vcl???35 and changed them to 40
which is in the package an .cpp files. Then when i compiled I had zero
compile errors, as i now try to load the package i get an error about cant
find the file in the path.

Anyway I will be trying a few more things and hopefully I will get it to
install without a prolem.

Lester Prescod

Mar 13, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/13/99
Ok everyone, here goes. I tried installing it about a week ago and got some
errors I have never seen before, I followed the post of others regarding
changes in certain files, I will lay them out step by step.

1. In Rx.inc place this in the file:

{$IFDEF VER125} { Borland C++Builder 4.0 }
{$DEFINE CBUILDER}
{$ObjExportAll On}

{$UNDEF DCS}
{$UNDEF RX_MIDAS}
{$ENDIF}

2. In Rx.inc remove the period from this line, this bypasses the error for
Guages.obj

{$IFDEF WIN32}
{.$DEFINE USE_PROGRESSBAR} // Remove the period from this line

{ Activate this define if you do not want to use TGauge Borland sample
component in TDBProgress component and FileUtil routines. In this case
TProgressBar component will be used }
{$ENDIF}

3. In Rxconst.pas place this in there:

{$IFDEF VER125}
const
SDelphiKey = 'Software\Borland\C++Builder\4.0';
{$ENDIF}

4. Edit the following files with notepad and remove the entries that is
relating to ( 35 ) it needs to be changed to ( 40 ). Dclrxctl.bpk,
DCLRXCTL.cpp, Dclrxdb.bpk, DCLRXDB.cpp, Rxctl.bpk, Rxctl.cpp, Rxdb.bpk,
Rxdb.cpp.

Delete all of your bpl, dcu, obj, lib, hpp and everything not related to the
building of the new packages, the proceed and build the files according to
Rx instructions. When all the packages are built they will be placed in a
dir. under your projects dir. Just install them into the ide and that
should be it.

Note: I have delphi4 on my pc, so I dont know if that has anything to do
with everything being built without a problem, if anyone is still having
problems with building the package I will be glad to post the entire package
on my website for a few days for others to download.

Good luck everyone, I hope this helps.

Slava Bezguin

Mar 15, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/15/99
Hi all!
To install Rx 2.60 in BCPB4 look at fido7.ru.cbuilder newsgroup. Some man
have posted an archive with updated Rx sources few days ago.

CU
Slava

ijour...@lycosmail.com

Mar 16, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/16/99
On Sat, 13 Mar 1999 22:52:16 -0600, "Lester Prescod" <s...@sds.sad>
wrote:

I appreciate your detailed message. Everything compiles in rxctl and
rxctldb but when I try to install dclrxctl I get a couple of error in
the file pgmgr??? The code is inside a define WIN32

If I comment out the code in the define it compiles up fine but I get
an error saying it couldn't find a library but the compiler doesn't
identify which one.

Ian Journeaux

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
Johnn
I have got to the same point you have. I can compile with no errors but when
I go to install the package BCB complains of missing DLLs.

Johnn Davis <asd...@sadf.com> wrote in message

Stefan Hoffmeister

Mar 18, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/18/99
: "Ian Journeaux" <ijour...@lycosmail.com> wrote:

>Johnn
>I have got to the same point you have. I can compile with no errors but when
>I go to install the package BCB complains of missing DLLs.

Easy: make sure that the DLLs that BCB wants are on the system and/or
user search path (formerly known as "PATH" in AUTOEXEC.BAT <g>)

I have a special folder named "D:\DPL_BPL" where the name should
pretty much tell you what it does - it's a hold-all for almost every
package around that I build. And it is one the system search path.

--
Stefan Hoffmeister http://www.econos.de/

Due to time constraints I cannot give free face-to-face advice.

ijour...@lycosmail.com

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
Stefan

Thanks for the help. I knew it had to be something simple I was doing
but I couldn't figure it out and the error mesage was less than
informative.

David Wisor

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
Slava Bezguin wrote:

> Included is all files from Rx260 modifyed for use in BCPB4.
>
> Slava
>
> P.S. I have founded this files in fido7.ru.cbuilder newsgroup.
>
> Name: 4.rar
> 4.rar Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
> Encoding: x-uuencode

What format is the attached file. I can't seem to decode it.

Dave

Stefan Hoffmeister

Mar 19, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/19/99
: David Wisor <dwi...@aur.alcatel.com> wrote:

>What format is the attached file. I can't seem to decode it.

RAR.

Try SimTel for an uncompressor. You will find at least DOS and Windows
versions. RAR is popular since it packs very tight. Not really
wide-spread though.

marc

Mar 29, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/29/99
I tried all of Lester's suggestions.
RXCTL.BPK compiled and linked OK.
but DCLRXCTL.BPK gave me the following error while compiling SbEdit.Pas

Pascal Fatal Error: File not found 'LibIntf.dcu'

I can find LibIntf.hpp (in CBuilder4\Include\Vcl) but not the .dcu version.
I don't have Delphi on my computer.

If anybody can help I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Marc
marc.davi...@iname.com

pmarus...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2018, 5:13:02 PM7/15/18
Hey Slava!!

Remember we used to speak to each other with voice online?

Paul Maruskin
California