data aware grid

Jeff Kish

Jun 16, 2008, 7:33:48 PM6/16/08
Hi.
Can someone give me a pointer or suggestion on how to approach the
issue of writing a data aware grid control?

I have grid I like, and I have a database interface c++ /dll level,
and I'd like to consider marrying the two so that it could be used
with an existing application.

I'm a bit fuzzy on the proper/reasonable way to figure out how to
apply editting updates put into a grid into the db, except possibly
just iterating through rows and looking for 'changed' flag, and then
checking to see if the change is a valid one (perhaps not allowing
changes to columns that represent part of a primary key or some such).

thanks
Jeff