MAPI on Windows Vista

Michael Corby

Aug 5, 2008, 5:47:40 AM8/5/08
Hello

Using Outlook Express on Windows XP, sending mail via MAPI works fine.

But with Windows Mail on Windows Vista, MAPI does not open Windows Mail
and returns unsuccessful.
Anyone know if changes are required to the code or some other settings ?

Michael Corby

Bob Gonder

Aug 5, 2008, 11:40:25 AM8/5/08
Michael Corby wrote:

>But with Windows Mail on Windows Vista, MAPI does not open Windows Mail
>and returns unsuccessful.

Does this help?
http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-mail/125786-does-windows-mail-support-extended-mapi.html

Michael Corby

Aug 6, 2008, 9:55:45 AM8/6/08
Hello Bob

Thanks for the info.

I found the solution by setting "Windows Mail" as the default email program.
Setting this is rather confusing, as "Use my current email program" radio
button is
flagged. I flagged "Windows Mail" radio button and exited.
On return, it still shows "Use my current email program" radio button
flagged.
How are you to know whether "Windows Mail" or "Microsoft Office Outlook"
is your default, if neither button is flagged ?

However, MAPI now works ok.

Michael Corby

"Bob Gonder" <no...@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message