Help with SQL

1 view

dwightarmy...@hotmail.com

Aug 26, 2008, 4:30:06 PM8/26/08
I have a TQuery that executes SQL on a Paradox table called Table1.db
in c:\temp. The code looks like this:

///// code begins here /////

TQuery* Query1 = new TQuery(this);
Query1->DatabaseName = "c:\\temp";
Query1->SQL->Clear();
Query1->SQL->Add("SELECT *");
Query1->SQL->Add("FROM Table1.db");
Query1->SQL->Add("ORDER BY ID");
Query1->Open();

///// code ends here /////

Now, this query is connected to a TDataSource and TDBGrid and through
the TDBGrid it displays about 20,000 records on the form. I want to
make it so that the query will skip about 999 records after displaying
every one record. So instead of the TDBGrid displaying 20,000 records
it will only display 20 records and the rest will be invisible. Can
this be done?