Can't link to Indy9 with CB2007

StephenC

Dec 17, 2008, 4:54:20 PM12/17/08
Hello,

I'm upgrading a project from BCB6 to CB2007, it uses Indy in a couple
of places to send email messages via SMTP.

I don't need Indy10, and I've heard there are problems with the
default installation of it in CB2007, so I'm happy to stick with
Indy9.

My source compiles OK, but will not link. I get the errors shown at
the bottom. As far as I can tell, I should be linking to $(BDS)\lib
\debug\indy.lib. This folder is definitely in my Library path. If I
try to force it with

#pragma link "indy.lib"

then I get Fatal: Access violation. Link terminated.

How am I supposed to link to Indy9? There are not even any example
projects with CB2007. Any help much appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '__fastcall
Idsmtp::TIdSMTP::SetAuthenticationType(const
Idsmtp::TAuthenticationType)' referenced from P:\KMEC\KMX\REPORTER
\RELEASE_BUILD\LISTUSERS.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '__fastcall
Idemailaddress::TIdEMailAddressItem::SetText(System::AnsiString)'
referenced from P:\KMEC\KMX\REPORTER\RELEASE_BUILD\LISTUSERS.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '__fastcall
Idemailaddress::TIdEMailAddressList::SetEMailAddresses
(System::AnsiString)' referenced from P:\KMEC\KMX\REPORTER
\RELEASE_BUILD\LISTUSERS.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external
'Idmessage::TIdAttachment::' referenced from P:\KMEC\KMX\REPORTER
\RELEASE_BUILD\LISTUSERS.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external '__fastcall
Idmessage::TIdAttachment::TIdAttachment(Idmessage::TIdMessageParts *,
const System::AnsiString)' referenced from P:\KMEC\KMX\REPORTER
\RELEASE_BUILD\LISTUSERS.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'Idsmtp::TIdSMTP::'
referenced from P:\KMEC\KMX\REPORTER\RELEASE_BUILD\LISTUSERS.OBJ
[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'Idmessage::TIdMessage::'
referenced from P:\KMEC\KMX\REPORTER\RELEASE_BUILD\LISTUSERS.OBJ