Free Turbo Debugger Download Now Available

Rudy Velthuis

Jun 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/7/00
Tim Del Chiaro wrote...

>Download the free Turbo Debugger now at:
>http://www.borland.com/bcppbuilder/turbodebugger/

Very good idea! Thanks.
--
Rudy Velthuis

Tim Del Chiaro

Jun 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/7/00
We are pleased to announce another free download for users of the free
Borland C++ 5.5 Compiler - Turbo Debugger!

Today nothing beats C++Builder for the latest in integrated IDE debugger
technology. But for years, Turbo Debugger was a favorite stand-alone
debugger for C and C++ developers worldwide. Now as a companion to the
free Borland C++ Compiler we've re-released the original Turbo Debugger
for FREE for use with Borland C++ Compiler 5.5.

Alex Bakaev [TeamB]

Jun 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/7/00
Whohoo! Thanx, Tim.

.a

Tim Del Chiaro wrote:
[snip]

Fredrik Bonde

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
Did'nt Borland release some API's in order to get to the debug info in the
exe's? Just in case you wanted to write your own debugger... Doubt Im'
capable of it but it would be fun to have a go at it at least!!!

regards,

Fredrik

Thomas Maeder

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
Tim Del Chiaro wrote:

> Download the free Turbo Debugger now at:
> http://www.borland.com/bcppbuilder/turbodebugger/

I tried, but Step 1 on the page
http://www.borland.com/bcppbuilder/turbodebugger/turbodebug55steps.html is a
dead link.

Could you put the debugger on a "straight" FTP server and publish the URL?
Thanks!

Tim Del Chiaro

Jun 8, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/8/00
Sometimes the community login pages have problems. I just tested it and it is
working now.

..Tim

Thomas Maeder wrote:

--
Tim Del Chiaro
Product Marketing Manager - C++Builder

Charles H. Shooshan III

Jun 9, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/9/00
to tdelc...@inprise.com
Hello!

In trying to make sense of all the parts of the free td32 (thanks!),
there are a few things I'm not sure about:

1. On the File Menu, there is a grayed out item entitled, "OS Shell."
Was this formerly "DOS Shell" and has it been disabled on purpose?

2. While invoking the configuration utility, td32inst.exe, I really am
not sure about the Options => Directories settings, specifically:

A. What goes in "Editor Program Name" and how is it used (there
doesn't seem to be anyway to launch an editor and nothing about this
entry appears to get logged -- though I may have missed it).

B. For source directories, is this where I normally keep my source
code, for example, C:\source? If so, when I make an entry here, it
doesn't seem to change the way td32 launches or behaves. Is it relevant
for global settings?

C. Turbo directory? What is this for? If td32 is running (or being
launched), doesn't it know where it is? Should I set this to
C:\Borland\BCC55\Bin?

D. I know that one can leave configuration files all over the place
(global and local files). If I like the defaults, is there any reason
to leave a configuration file in the directory with the executable? And
do I include the above directory info in the global configuration file?

3. Last thing, slightly off the above topic, but I'm still wondering...

The readme.txt for the bcc32 compiler says to add the following line,
-L"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib" to bcc32.cfg and ilink32.cfg. What about the
PSDK subdirectory? Should this line really be:
-L"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib;"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib\PSDK" ?

And BTW, if there are two paths listed, do the double quotes go around
the entire string or one set for each path? Is it:

-L"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib;"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib\PSDK" or

-L"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib";"c:\Borland\Bcc55\lib\PSDK" ?

I really am enjoying using the free compiler and (now) debugger.

Thanks for all your help,
Charlie Shooshan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Thomas Maeder

Jun 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/10/00
Tim Del Chiaro wrote:

> Sometimes the community login pages have problems. I just tested it and > it is working now.

Is it?

Internal Server Error 500
Exception: EIBClientError
Message: XSQLDA index out of range

I repeat my question: Why can't the debugger be put on a straight FTP site?

infamis at programmer.net

Jun 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/10/00
Is it just my computer [or me] or is this debugger very slow? I'm running a
500mhz amd-k62 on win98. Is there some configuration option or something that
I have to set? Otherwise the debugger's great.

Tim Del Chiaro

Jun 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/12/00
I apologize for the continued problems with the community site login. The best thing I can
recommend is to keep trying. When it goes down, it is usually only for short periods of time.
Unfortunately, we can't just make the software available as a download on our FTP site. We have
two reasons for making free software like the Borland C++ Compiler and Turbo Debugger available -
to increase usage of Borland products and to sell more C++Builder. If we don't capture information
from people who download the software then we can't sell C++Builder to them and we won't be able to
justify making future free downloads available.

..Tim

Thomas Maeder wrote:

Jeff Overcash (TeamB)

Jun 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/12/00
This issue should now be solved. Please try now.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
faceless watchers that stalk the carpeted corridors of Whitehall.

Rudy Velthuis

Jun 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/12/00
Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote...

>This issue should now be solved. Please try now.

Et tu, Jeff? (Overquoting, I mean).
--
Rudy Velthuis

Jeff Overcash (TeamB)

Jun 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/12/00
Well John Kaster and I finally tracked this down about 15 minutes earlier after
several weeks of irritation (turned out to not be any bug in anything we did
actually) so I was overly excited to declare it should be fixed <vbg>

Rudy Velthuis

Jun 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/12/00
Jeff Overcash (TeamB) wrote...

>Well John Kaster and I finally tracked this down about 15 minutes earlier after
>several weeks of irritation (turned out to not be any bug in anything we did
>actually) so I was overly excited to declare it should be fixed <vbg>

In that case, you are forgiven, for this time.
--
Rudy Velthuis

Thomas Maeder

Jun 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/13/00
Tim Del Chiaro wrote:

> Unfortunately, we can't just make the software available as a download on > our FTP site.

Ok, I now registered to by far the most cookies infested Web site I've ever
met.

Could you now tell me how to get to the download page from
http://community.borland.com/ ? That page doesn't give a clue; nor do the
Search engine or
http://www.borland.com/bcppbuilder/turbodebugger/turbodebug55steps.html .

Thomas Maeder

Jun 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/15/00
Thomas Maeder wrote:
> [snip]

I hate to repeat myself, but who is willing to explain an apparently WWW (or
community?) challenged how to get that debugger?

Thanks!

Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB)

Jun 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/15/00
Thomas Maeder <mae...@glue.ch> writes:

http://www.borland.com/bcppbuilder/turbodebugger/turbodebug55steps.html

The steps on this page are pretty clear (IMHO). Do you have a
specific problem you're encountering with these steps or did you not
find this page?

--
Chris (TeamB);

Thomas Maeder

Jun 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/16/00
Thanks, Chris!

> The steps on this page are pretty clear (IMHO). Do you have a
> specific problem you're encountering with these steps or did you not
> find this page?

I found it, and I seem to have successfully done Step 1: "Become or Login as
a member of Borland Community".

At least I hope so. When trying to log in now, I get "HTTP/1.0 404 Object
Not Found (The system cannot find the path specified. )".

But: I was able to log in yesterday (or the day before). However, I haven't
got any clue about how to proceed with Steps 2 and 3.

Does Step 2 ("Answer a few survey questions") refer to the questions I was
asked when registering as a Community user, or are there other questions to
come? Where?

Where have I got to go to "Download Borland Turbo Debugger 5.5 (590KB)"
(Step 3)?

Thomas

Rudy Velthuis

Jun 16, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/16/00
Thomas Maeder wrote...

>I found it, and I seem to have successfully done Step 1: "Become or Login as
>a member of Borland Community".
>
>At least I hope so. When trying to log in now, I get "HTTP/1.0 404 Object
>Not Found (The system cannot find the path specified. )".

The server may have a lot of accesses because of the free TD32 and BCC55.
Try again at a later time. I had no problems. I chose step 1, but was
immediately lead to step 2 (I'm a member already - I didn't have to login
or anything - I started from the main page for the free td32 - the URL
you gave) and then to step 3. This only took a few minutes, in total.
--
Rudy Velthuis

Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB)

Jun 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/19/00
Thomas Maeder <mae...@glue.ch> writes:

> Thanks, Chris!

> I found it, and I seem to have successfully done Step 1: "Become or Login as
> a member of Borland Community".
>
> At least I hope so. When trying to log in now, I get "HTTP/1.0 404 Object
> Not Found (The system cannot find the path specified. )".
>

> But: I was able to log in yesterday (or the day before). However, I haven't
> got any clue about how to proceed with Steps 2 and 3.

Do you have javascript turned on? It appears to use it.

> Does Step 2 ("Answer a few survey questions") refer to the questions I was
> asked when registering as a Community user, or are there other questions to
> come? Where?

It asked me 2 additional questions. What compilers I use and how I
categorize myself (job title or whatever).

> Where have I got to go to "Download Borland Turbo Debugger 5.5 (590KB)"
> (Step 3)?

Each page sends you to the next. It uses some kind of automatic
redirection which is also using javascript I think.

--
Chris (TeamB);

Thomas Maeder

Jun 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/19/00
"Chris Uzdavinis (TeamB)" wrote:

> Each page sends you to the next. It uses some kind of automatic
> redirection which is also using javascript I think.

Thanks again.

I have succesfully downloaded it in the meantime (cf.
borland.public.cppbuilder.non-technical)

icn.in...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2018, 9:02:32 AM12/9/18
The link is still dead.
I just want to download turbo debugger, is that so much to ask?!

the.hero...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2019, 7:02:29 PM1/23/19
On Sunday, 9 December 2018 16:02:32 UTC+2, icn.in...@gmail.com wrote:
> The link is still dead.
> I just want to download turbo debugger, is that so much to ask?!

tell me if you did
i had the same problem