SMTP client

Jesús Cabrero

Jul 3, 2008, 11:48:08 AM7/3/08
I need to send some emails from my program and SMTP client isn't the
Password parameter (CBuilder3). Nowadays the most of servants need
authentication. Could anyone help me? How can I pass the password to server?
Is it possible to open first a POP3 connection and continue with SMTP
connection without sending another time the password?

Thanks in advance.

Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Jul 3, 2008, 12:46:59 PM7/3/08

"Jesús Cabrero" <jcab...@yahoo.es> wrote in message

> I need to send some emails from my program and SMTP
> client isn't the Password parameter (CBuilder3).

What client are you using for SMTP to begin with?

> Could anyone help me?

Not without more information about what you are actually using.

> How can I pass the password to server?

That depends on what you are using.

> Is it possible to open first a POP3 connection and continue
> with SMTP connection without sending another time the
> password?

No. That is not how SMTP works.

Gambit

Jesús Cabrero

Jul 3, 2008, 3:19:46 PM7/3/08
I use the TNMSTMP component in CBuilder3. In the TNMPOP3 exists the Password
parameter but in TNMSTMP does not exist. How can I pass this parameter?

"Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" <no....@no.spam.com> escribió en el mensaje

Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Jul 3, 2008, 6:09:19 PM7/3/08

> I use the TNMSTMP component in CBuilder3.

TNMSMTP does not support passwords at all. You will have to use a different
SMTP client.

Gambit

Jesús Cabrero

Jul 4, 2008, 7:50:25 AM7/4/08
I have found source code that uses the component TClientSocket for SMTP
connection. I need to read it but, do you think it's possible?

"Remy Lebeau (TeamB)" <no....@no.spam.com> escribió en el mensaje

Jesús Cabrero

Jul 6, 2008, 9:56:04 AM7/6/08
The connection with TClientSocket is very easy but I need the UserID and the
Password encoded in Base64(MIME). I tried to combine TClientSocket for
authentication and TNMSMTP for send the message but the TNMSMTP said that is
not connected. Is it possible to switch the two commands in the same port 25
as if they were the same connection? Is there a hide status I can modify? Is
there a function to encode strings?
I need an example please!

Remy Lebeau (TeamB)

Jul 7, 2008, 12:32:07 PM7/7/08

> The connection with TClientSocket is very easy but I need the
> UserID and the Password encoded in Base64(MIME).

Yes, you do. Base64 is a very simple algorithm to implement, though. Go to
http://www.deja.com and search the newsgroup archives. Plenty of examples
have been posted before.

> I tried to combine TClientSocket for authentication and TNMSMTP
> for send the message but the TNMSMTP said that is not connected.

You cannot mix components like that.

> Is it possible to switch the two commands in the same port 25 as
> if they were the same connection?

No.

> Is there a hide status I can modify?

No.

> Is there a function to encode strings?

Not built into the RTL, no. You need to find/use third-party code for that,
or write your own from scratch.

Gambit