your Voting required: Contacting Borland Salesmanager CodeWright

Mai Kee Reiss

May 17, 2008, 11:03:50 AM5/17/08
Hi CodeWright Users,

I've been contacted by Mrs. Sabine Rothe, Sales- and Partnermanager
CodeGear in Germany. She want to have a phone talk with me about the
future of CodeWright and what we (the community) whish.

I suppose, you all give me your opinion until, say, 31th of May.
So I'll call her back around 2nd of June.

Until now I heared the following proposals from me and my mates:

[x] place CodeWright 7.5 (and updates) more "on top" of the
Borland website
[x] give CodeWright product order number again to the dealers.
Most dealers cannot deliver CodeWright 7.5 since it's simply
not listed in Borland sofftware catalogue
[x] give CodeWright under (any) OpenSource license,
even if parts of it are not open. Give this parts as binary.
[x] Make a final VISTA update for CW 7.5
[x] give CodeWright "as it is" for free download in the
Borland Museeum. (Only 1 sugestion of 5 asked people)
[ ] Add your idea, if useful

--
Mai Kee Reiss

Gerhard Fiedler

Sep 6, 2008, 9:40:16 AM9/6/08

A little late, but this is due to Borland removing this newsgroup from
their server (from where I've been reading it) -- which may or may not be a
reflection of their attitude towards CW.

Open-source it would be good, or continue to sell and support it, fixing
bugs and providing a decent site where users can exchange configs, add-ons
etc.

Gerhard