Reference groups in SrchTranslate API function

Paul Urbanus

Jun 9, 2012, 10:26:19 AM6/9/12
I'm writing an API macro that converts a VHDL entity into an instance.
To do this I'm using the SrchTranslate CW API call. Based upon the
description and parameters, SrchTranslate appears to have the same
functionality as the Replace dialog. However, when using a regex I am
unable to get any of the replacement groups to be used. Instead, for
each replacement group I specify, the replacement group number is used
instead of the matched group.

If I copy the search and replace arguments to the Replace dialog box,
everything works as expected.

Does anyone know if SrchTranslate is supposed to support
replacement/reference groups in the replacement string when regex is
enabled?