Codewright on Vista?

Andrew

May 9, 2008, 8:45:02 PM5/9/08

I was using Codewright 7.0c under XP. Now I've moved to Vista, Codewright doesn't seem entirely reliable - eg minor display problems and problems stopping file searches.
Anyone have success using the latest 7.5 release on Vista? I'm reluctant to upgrade a non-supported product unless I know it'll work. OTOH, haveing looked at CW's competitors, I'd really REALLY prefer to stay with CW if at all possible!

Otto von Elkenhof

Jun 4, 2008, 11:28:45 AM6/4/08
Is it already licensed under vista?

Andreas Nachtmann

Jun 4, 2008, 11:31:41 AM6/4/08
to Otto von Elkenhof
I think it should work. Wether licensed or not: I'll give damn. Only
important thing is that it works ...
regards, Andy

Andreas Nachtmann

Jun 4, 2008, 12:29:42 PM6/4/08
I think it should work. Wether licensed or not: I'll give damn. Only
important thing is that it works ...
regards, Andy

Claudia Meischner

Jun 4, 2008, 12:50:08 PM6/4/08
Don't know what you are talking about. To me a vista certification makes
absolutely sense.

Lilo Schwan

Jun 5, 2008, 4:45:02 AM6/5/08
Any answers to the Andy's question?

Konrad Krause

Jun 5, 2008, 6:21:47 AM6/5/08
Seems to be a fake thread ...

Lucy Hachmann

Jun 5, 2008, 8:15:00 AM6/5/08
I think exactly the same

Gerhard Fiedler

Jun 5, 2008, 8:09:53 AM6/5/08
Claudia Meischner wrote:

> Don't know what you are talking about. To me a vista certification makes
> absolutely sense.

And who do you think would do that? :)

I don't know whether you know, but CW is dead. Borland doesn't do anything
with it anymore.

Gerhard

Hanno Manns

Jun 5, 2008, 9:10:54 AM6/5/08
> I don't know whether you know, but CW is dead. Borland doesn't do
anything
> with it anymore.
>
> Gerhard

Nevertheless, there will be people requireing it in the future. Wether
reasonable or not.

Sybille Lausitz

Jun 5, 2008, 9:27:07 AM6/5/08
Hanno Manns schrieb:

I don't understand this discussion.

Gerhard Fiedler

Jun 5, 2008, 1:57:33 PM6/5/08
Hanno Manns wrote:

>> I don't know whether you know, but CW is dead. Borland doesn't do
>> anything with it anymore.
>

> Nevertheless, there will be people requireing it in the future. Wether
> reasonable or not.

They can require it as long as they want -- they won't get it. What part of
"dead" was not clear? (Unless, of course, Borland brings CW back to life.
Which may or may not happen before the next contact with ETs :)

Gerhard

Mai Kee Reiss

Jun 11, 2008, 1:44:59 AM6/11/08
Has anybody tried it with the ACT (MS Application Compability Kit)?
It looks complicated for the very first time, but I had very good
experience to run older Apps under XP and/or under Dual Core Systems,
simply by using ACT.

One has only once to register the application under ACT, selecting
spcial behavior (processor affinity, behave like win2k, blah, blah).

After this, you can use the app as usual. Last time I used it was for
MicroSoft eVC++ 4.2 for a HyperThreading Machine, 15 minutes work (with
download, setup und reading the FAQ), all fine.

But I never tried it under Windows Vixa...

--
Mai Kee Reiss

Mai Kee Reiss

Jun 11, 2008, 1:39:39 AM6/11/08
Hi Gerhard,

some weeks before, I had a talk with the German Product Manager from
Borland. She is very interested in our opinion about CW (please see and
answer my other post from May!).
So in my eyes, CW is in coma, but not quite dead. Plus: last time I
looked, I was able to purchase CW 7 from the Borland Web Store (only by
credid card, but anyway able)

--
Mai Kee Reiss