Cleanup

Markus.Humm

Jun 15, 2008, 2:53:53 PM6/15/08
Hello,

anybody here who likes to clean up this report of mine:

Report #: 26774 Status: Reported
Shortcut CTRL-ALT-C doesn't work right

I think at least after 30th June it should be closed as "won't do"?

Greetings

Markus

Leo Siefert

Jun 16, 2008, 7:13:55 AM6/16/08
Markus.Humm wrote:

>anybody here who likes to clean up this report of mine:

You should be able to withdraw the report yourself since it is your
own.

- Leo

Markus.Humm

Jun 17, 2008, 2:54:19 PM6/17/08
Leo Siefert schrieb:

Yes but that is not what I want!
And: that's not possible with the current web client.

Greetings

Markus

David Dean [CodeGear]

Jun 17, 2008, 3:57:47 PM6/17/08
In article <485807da$1...@newsgroups.borland.com>,
"Markus.Humm" <marku...@freenet.de> wrote:

> And: that's not possible with the current web client.

unless you're a sysop:

<http://qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=14406>
--
David Dean (CodeGear)
Lead C++ QA Engineer

Lori M Olson [TeamB]

Jun 17, 2008, 7:19:17 PM6/17/08
David Dean [CodeGear] wrote:
> In article <485807da$1...@newsgroups.borland.com>,
> "Markus.Humm" <marku...@freenet.de> wrote:
>
>> And: that's not possible with the current web client.
>
> unless you're a sysop:
>
> <http://qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=14406>

Interesting. <Lori scurries off to add a "withdraw" button to the show
report page on the new web client>

--

Regards,

Lori Olson [TeamB]

Leo Siefert

Jun 18, 2008, 7:28:13 AM6/18/08
Markus.Humm wrote:

>Yes but that is not what I want!

Why not? That is the appropriate handling for a report that has not
been opened and is found to be no longer applicable.

As a sysop, I have never marked a report "Won't do" as I consider that
an internal CodeGear decision. You are free to document your reason
for withdrawing your report if you feel that is necessary.

As far as opening the report so that it can be marked "Won't Do" (or
more appropriately "Third Party") by CodeGear, I don't see anything to
be gained. It would simply waste time for developers who have work to
do.

Now if it remains "Reported" beyond the date when Borland no longer
officially owns CodeGear (June 30?), I may decide to mark it "Third
Party".

>And: that's not possible with the current web client.

Was not aware of this problem, but it sounds like Lori is on it.

- Leo

Brad White

Jul 14, 2008, 3:39:56 PM7/14/08
After serious thinking Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote :

> Interesting. <Lori scurries off to add a "withdraw" button to the show
> report page on the new web client>

Nooooooooooo.......

Please release it before adding any more features.
All new features should go on the wish list for after release.
Please?!?

Thanks,
Brad.

Brion L. Webster

Jul 14, 2008, 5:58:19 PM7/14/08
Brad White wrote:

This is just making a better and better case study for why folks should
choose 3rd Rail as their tool of choice for developing web products,
don'tcha think? After all, if CodeGear can't get their own products out
the door within any definition of a reasonable time frame...

--

-Brion
There's no such thing as 'one, true way;'

Brad White

Jul 15, 2008, 10:23:12 AM7/15/08
Brion L. Webster explained :

> Brad White wrote:
>
>>After serious thinking Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote :
>>>
>>>Interesting. <Lori scurries off to add a "withdraw" button to the show
>>> report page on the new web client>
>>
>>Nooooooooooo.......
>>
>>Please release it before adding any more features.
>>All new features should go on the wish list for after release.
>>Please?!?
>
> This is just making a better and better case study for why folks should
> choose 3rd Rail as their tool of choice for developing web products, don'tcha
> think?
I'm afraid so...

Lori M Olson [TeamB]

Jul 15, 2008, 12:52:51 PM7/15/08
Brion L. Webster wrote:
> Brad White wrote:
>
>> After serious thinking Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote :
>>>
>>> Interesting. <Lori scurries off to add a "withdraw" button to the
>>> show report page on the new web client>
>>
>> Nooooooooooo.......
>>
>> Please release it before adding any more features.
>> All new features should go on the wish list for after release.
>> Please?!?
>
> This is just making a better and better case study for why folks should
> choose 3rd Rail as their tool of choice for developing web products,
> don'tcha think? After all, if CodeGear can't get their own products out
> the door within any definition of a reasonable time frame...

And if you had only one day a week to do this work, and communication
issues getting things deployed on servers that you don't have control
over, how fast could you get it done?

--

Regards,

Lori Olson [TeamB]

------------

Save yourself some time and search the newsgroups and the
other available community resources before posting your
next question.

Google Advanced Newsgroup Search
http://www.google.ca/advanced_group_search
Other Ruby Resources:
http://onestepback.org/articles/usingruby/resources.html
Other Rails Resources:
http://www.rubyonrails.com/

Brion L. Webster

Jul 15, 2008, 6:30:42 PM7/15/08
Lori M Olson [TeamB] wrote:

>And if you had only one day a week to do this work, and communication
>issues getting things deployed on servers that you don't have control
>over, how fast could you get it done?

It doesn't matter what the reality is, Lori. The *perception* has spun
out of control.

Where are the blog postings demonstrating communication with the customer
base? Where are the screen shots of the beta? Where's the proof that a
beta even took place?

I'm used to John Kaster and his trusty band of compatriots? conspirators?
underpromising and overdelivering. This new web client has been in the works for an incredible amount of time, with mounting frustration over the old web client.

Regardless of the technical issues behind the scenes, the mounting delays
with absolute silence demonstrate a contempt for us as customers.