QC 4007 strangeness...

Markus.Humm

Jul 20, 2008, 2:39:31 PM7/20/08
Hello,

what's wrong with this:

http://qc.codegear.com/wc/qcmain.aspx?d=4007

At least in the web client:

Strange, this report it "open" but you can't see the resolution because
the link to it is missing.

Greetings

Markus

Robert Schieck (TeamB)

Jul 20, 2008, 8:33:34 PM7/20/08
Not sure what the issue is here..

There isn't a resolution because it is open...

When I look at it with the web client the resolution show 'none'.

confused

--
Rob Schieck (TeamB)

Markus.Humm

Jul 21, 2008, 1:32:47 PM7/21/08
Robert Schieck (TeamB) schrieb:

> Not sure what the issue is here..
>
> There isn't a resolution because it is open...
>
> When I look at it with the web client the resolution show 'none'.
>
> confused

Normally you'd have a link in the resolution area and clicking on it
will e.g. display information about who opened the report on what date...

Greetings

Markus

Robert Schieck (TeamB)

Jul 21, 2008, 9:35:43 PM7/21/08
Markus.Humm wrote:

thanks for the explanation...

There isn't a resolution record in the database for who opened it.

It is a very old report and I suspect that the adding of a resolution
record for opening was added after that report was opened.

hth

--
Rob Schieck (TeamB)

David Dean [CodeGear]

Jul 22, 2008, 6:37:34 PM7/22/08
In article <4884c827$1...@newsgroups.borland.com>,
"Markus.Humm" <marku...@freenet.de> wrote:

> Normally you'd have a link in the resolution area and clicking on it
> will e.g. display information about who opened the report on what date...

It was opened by Jeff Overcash on 5/12/2003. I've updated the
internal report to indicate that it is in QC so it's status should synch
back to QC the next time RAID and QC are synched.
--
David Dean (CodeGear)
Lead C++ QA Engineer

Robert Schieck (TeamB)

Jul 22, 2008, 11:42:00 PM7/22/08
David Dean [CodeGear] wrote:

I doubt it will sync up... only reports that are pushed from Raid to QC
or pushed from QC to Raid will sync up...

--
Rob Schieck (TeamB)

David Dean [CodeGear]

Jul 23, 2008, 3:42:41 PM7/23/08
In article <4886a888$1...@newsgroups.borland.com>,

"Robert Schieck (TeamB)" <rsch...@mers.com> wrote:

> I doubt it will sync up... only reports that are pushed from Raid to QC
> or pushed from QC to Raid will sync up...

I don't expect the old info to sync up, but I do expect any changes
from now on to do so. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

Robert Schieck (TeamB)

Jul 23, 2008, 7:38:20 PM7/23/08
David Dean [CodeGear] wrote:

> I don't expect the old info to sync up, but I do expect any
> changes from now on to do so. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

Nothing will sync up period....

If you really want it to go, then the ref_no in raid must be set to the
qc Defect Number and the raid_no in QC must be set to the defect_no in
raid. The former ususally isn't done. If you do hook them together, it
should sync up new changes....

David Dean [CodeGear]

Jul 23, 2008, 8:46:25 PM7/23/08
In article <4887c0ec$1...@newsgroups.borland.com>,

"Robert Schieck (TeamB)" <rsch...@mers.com> wrote:

> If you really want it to go, then the ref_no in raid must be set to the
> qc Defect Number and the raid_no in QC must be set to the defect_no in
> raid. The former ususally isn't done. If you do hook them together, it
> should sync up new changes....

That is what I did. 8-)

Robert Schieck (TeamB)

Jul 24, 2008, 9:44:36 AM7/24/08