Borland Database Engine (error $210D)

jck11

Dec 14, 2004, 8:25:18 PM12/14/04
Hi all
When I open my datamodule, I get the error
'An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database
Engine (error $210D)'
How to solve the problem?
Thanks

Bill Todd

Dec 14, 2004, 9:34:13 PM12/14/04
The BDE is not correctly installed. Either one or more files are
missing or the registry entries at HKLM\software\borland\database
engine are not correct. The easiest solution is probably to completely
remove and reinstall the BDE.

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)
TeamB cannot answer questions received via email

jck11

Dec 14, 2004, 10:09:34 PM12/14/04

"jck11" <jc...@msr.pchome.com.tw> 在郵件
news:41bf...@newsgroups.borland.com 中撰寫...

ps. although the error occurs, my program seems run correctly.
what's worng???

jck11

Dec 14, 2004, 10:06:55 PM12/14/04

"Bill Todd" <n...@no.com> 在郵件 news:41bfa2a5$1...@newsgroups.borland.com 中撰寫

> The BDE is not correctly installed. Either one or more files are
> missing or the registry entries at HKLM\software\borland\database
> engine are not correct. The easiest solution is probably to completely
> remove and reinstall the BDE.

Thanks Bill Todd

Where Can I remove the BDE and how to install it?
I can not find the BDE program in the windows Control Panel>Add/Remove
Program
When I install delphi5, the BDE is installed too.
Where can I find the BDE setup program?

Thanks

Bill Todd

Dec 14, 2004, 10:19:28 PM12/14/04
That makes no sense. Does your program use the BDE?

Search your hard drive and let me know if you have more than one copy
of IDAPI32.DLL.

Let me know the answers to these questions before you do anything else.

To remove the BDE delete the BDE directory then delete the registry key
in my last message.

I do not recall if the D5 installer has an option to install the BDE
only. If you go to http://ibinstall.defined.net and install the BDE
information utility it will install the latest version of the BDE (5.2).

bill

Dec 27, 2004, 2:37:08 AM12/27/04
Hi, Bill
I also have the same Error message in WindowXP.

If i run two APs, the second AP will occure the same message.

Or if the BdeAdministrator was opened first, run any AP will get the same
message.

But in Win2000 is Ok.

Why does WinXp have the problem?

PS: I already reinstalled the BDE5.2.
I am using Delphi5.0 + BDE + MSSQL2000.

Please help me!
Thanks
bill

"Bill Todd" <n...@no.com> 在郵件 news:41bf...@newsgroups.borland.com 中撰寫

Bill Todd

Dec 27, 2004, 7:45:12 AM12/27/04
Try changing the SharedMemSize setting to 4096 and the
SharedMemLocation to 0x%BDE. If that does not work try some of the
other locations in the BDE Administrator help file.