advice on audio interface for iPad?

Jim Parkinson

Apr 30, 2021, 6:30:20 AM4/30/21
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Hi

I'm posting here as I imagine many Borderlands users will have opinions/advice on this.  Please let me know if this post doesn't belong here.

I'm running Borderlands on an 8th Gen iPad, alongside a macbook Pro with a 2nd Gen Scarlett 2i2 interface, with Ableton as my DAW.

Borderlands is of course brilliant (the main reason I bought a new iPad)

What I am now researching is what is the best interface for the ipad that will allow simultaneous STEREO input and output on the iPad with decent latency times; basically so I can live-sample stereo audio from the macbook in Borderlands (or Samplr etc).

Ideally I will also be able to utilise the USB connection to keep the MIDI and Ableton Link stuff going.

I've done a lot of research on eg Audiobus forum, and have a list of candidate interfaces, but a lot of the recommendations are either discontinued, or have bad reviews elsewhere, or reported ipad issues.

Does anyone have a good recommended set up?  I'd love to get recommendations!

One option I have considered is to use the 2nd Gen Scarlett 2i2 for the iPad and do an upgrade on my macbook interface.  But I can't fined concrete info on whether that gen Scarlett works for the iPad, and am waiting delivery on a camera connector kit to test it...

Kirke Godfrey

May 1, 2021, 12:11:50 AM5/1/21
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Not speaking from personal experience as my use needs are different. BUT the iconnect seems very very useful. Connects ya iOS to any other computer 2 way. 4 in 4 out I think. Several people on the ENDLESSS forums absolutely swear by them.

Kirke Godfrey

May 2, 2021, 1:05:19 AM5/2/21
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis

Beuys Noise

Jun 2, 2021, 11:37:44 AM6/2/21
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
I am using a Zoom H5 through a hub/usb adapter for Borderlands on my iPad Air (2020 model)