Clouds into DAW over multiple channels?

Max Mamis

Sep 27, 2020, 1:03:34 PM9/27/20
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Hi, loving the app!
I find myself most often recording the output of Borderlands into my DAW over USB. It works great, but it seems the only option is to get a stereo mixdown of my session.

What I would love is to be able to send the output of each cloud to my DAW over a separate stereo channel pair, so I have more control over the mix. For example, I frequently want to pan clouds individually, EQ them differently, play with the automation, etc. I often resort to overdubbing separate takes for each cloud, but that limits the improvisational opportunities.

Is this currently possible? (Is this ever possible? I don't know the limitations of iOS -> Mac audio over USB...)

Graham Spice

Sep 28, 2020, 9:43:41 PM9/28/20
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
This is a cool idea, Max. This would be an interesting option to add but I wonder if enough people would utilize it to justify the development expense...?