Acceso to microphone

asenjoj...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2019, 3:49:11 AM3/7/19
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
I can not use the rec in . It seems that the app did not ask for the permit to use the mic of my iPad .

modulationindex

Mar 8, 2019, 8:10:03 PM3/8/19
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
hi - thanks for your message! this is a problem with iOS12. Apple added a new requirement for apps that use the built in microphone - apps like Borderlands now have to specify in their metadata that they intend to use the microphone, otherwise the default request for permission to access the mic no longer occurs and the mic input is blocked to the app.

i have fixed this in the imminent update, but a quick work around is to use something like Aum or Audiobus to route audio from the system mic to the app.

sorry for the trouble in the interim!

very best,
chris

vladimir...@gmail.com

May 31, 2019, 8:29:56 PM5/31/19
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Hi !

Still no update with the fixed microphone input ?
I just purchased the app but as is I only could play with the demo samples !

Regards,
Vlad.

modulationindex

Jun 2, 2019, 10:26:19 AM6/2/19
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Hi Vlad,

Yes, sorry. Development is quite slow due to most of my time being consumed by family and work commitments. I am very close to finishing the next big update and decided to wait to push the fix along with all of the new features.

There are a number of ways to get sound into the app
*itunes file sharing allows you to access the app’s documents directory. If you dump a bunch of sounds into that directory, they will all appear under borderlands imported sounds menu (upper right button, file icon button, recordings menu, imported sounds sub menu).
* you can use Aum or Audiobus to route audio into the app as a workaround for the rec in. bug.
*you can use the import button and Audioshare (which is a standard tool and well worth the money)

The next update will also support iOS Files access and dropbox, and will of course fix the mic in bug.

Let me know if you have any questions about the above methods. I’m happy to help.

Sorry for the delay in the meantime!

Very best,
Chris

gboxisth...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2019, 3:40:05 AM10/20/19
to Borderlands - An Audiovisual Interface for Granular Synthesis
Hello,

When will this be updated? I have the latest version of Borderlands but this is still an issue. Also I cant seem to route the microphone to Borderlands in AUM? It doesnt seem to be recognised as an IIA.