RootstockAds is looking for a CTO

Martin Swanson

Jun 9, 2015, 4:54:05 AM6/9/15
to borde...@googlegroups.com
RootstockAds launched in 2013 to offer Anglophone expats in France a national platform to buy and sell things (classifieds) and a national database of English-speaking businesses.

At the time of conception, there wasn't a national website offering free photos with your classifieds or video for that matter. RootstockAds broke new ground as being the first to offer these features as well as others such as the first to offer feeds of property and vehicles for sale from local French car dealers and estate agents.

Our national database of English-speaking businesses has been optimised for the search engines with success and brings thousands of potential buyers into our directory each month looking for specific services such as "builders in Dordogne" or "english speaking accountants on the Riviera" - you get the picture. Companies such as British Corner Shop, Credit Agricole have renewed their advertising contracts with us which bears testament to our performance.

We are now looking for a Chief Technology Officer to join us to take ownership of our bespoke code and to drive the website development forward through offering additional features and technologies that our thousands of registered users have come to expect.

You will have a degree (ideally to Masters level) with some years of php coding under the belt. You will also be comfortable with getting stuck into html, css and java from psd design templates and appreciate the importance of UX design.Knowledge of Elastic Search would be a bonus.

This can be a part-time role.

Interested? Send a confidential email to mar...@rootstockads.com with your CV and a quick appraisal of our website.