[jeudi 18 février] Hibernate in complex projects – Can we be a little faster?

BordeauxJUG

Feb 17, 2021, 5:16:16 AM2/17/21
to bordeauxjug

Jeudi 18 février à 19h, une nouvelle soirée du BORDEAUX JUG en ligne exclusivement en raison du contexte actuelle.

C'est Thorben Janssen qui viendra animer la soirée "Hibernate in complex projects – Can we be a little faster?"

Voici le résumé de la conférence :

Hibernate is the de-facto standard for persisting data in a relational database. It provides excellent developer productivity and is so easy to use that you can learn it within a few hours.

That changes as soon as your application needs to handle a huge amount of data or if you want to guarantee very short response times. Features and concepts that work perfectly fine for smaller applications start to become a burden that slows down your application.

But that doesn’t have to be the case for your application. Hibernate is a great fit for complex projects with high-performance requirements. You only need to know which features to use and which you should better avoid.

During this talk, I will show you how to get the most out of your Hibernate-based persistence layer. By following these recommendations, you will be able to enjoy Hibernate’s developer productivity and provide a blazingly fast experience to your users.

--

L'équipe BordeauxJUG