The new Pie-Chart and Bar-Chart functions

Straub, Joy

Jun 20, 2019, 6:25:40 PM6/20/19
to bootstra...@googlegroups.com
I am going through the latest training slides to prepare to teach Data Science in the fall.  I am not getting the new pie-chart and bar-chart functions to work as defined in the notes.  It says it needs a 3rd parameter.  Can someone give me a hint?
Here is my code with error message:
image.png
Joy Straub

--
Joy Straub, M Ed.
Math Teacher

Math Department Motto: Math is a journey. Navigate with GPS - Grit, Perseverance, and Self-Motivation
Our purpose at MVHS is to empower students to be self-directed, creative, and critical thinkers who persevere to positively impact the interconnected world.

Schanzer (Director)

Jun 20, 2019, 10:40:18 PM6/20/19
to Bootstrap-Teachers
Hi Joy - can you click "publish" and share the resulting URL with us? I have a feeling you may be loading an old version of the DataScience teachpack, which still requires 3 inputs.

Straub, Joy

Jun 20, 2019, 10:51:18 PM6/20/19

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 7:40 PM Schanzer (Director) <scha...@bootstrapworld.org> wrote:
Hi Joy - can you click "publish" and share the resulting URL with us? I have a feeling you may be loading an old version of the DataScience teachpack, which still requires 3 inputs.

Schanzer (Director)

Jun 20, 2019, 10:56:29 PM6/20/19
to Bootstrap-Teachers
Yep - it looks like you started with an old file that loads v1.2 of the teachpack. All the links in the new lessons load v1.4 by default, but you can always change an older file to use the new library by replacing the Bootstrap-DataScience-v1.2.arr line with:

include shared-gdrive("Bootstrap-DataScience-v1.4.arr", "189UgLQQ3Eag5JtrxpBjFzLMS3BO9rA21")

Straub, Joy

Jun 20, 2019, 11:04:28 PM6/20/19
to bootstra...@googlegroups.com
I started with the file from the link on the website just today shown below.  I have not accessed it from the lessons, so I will start doing that.  I guess the ones on the website are the old version??
image.png

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 7:56 PM Schanzer (Director) <scha...@bootstrapworld.org> wrote:
Yep - it looks like you started with an old file that loads v1.2 of the teachpack. All the links in the new lessons load v1.4 by default, but you can always change an older file to use the new library by replacing the Bootstrap-DataScience-v1.2.arr line with:

include shared-gdrive("Bootstrap-DataScience-v1.4.arr", "189UgLQQ3Eag5JtrxpBjFzLMS3BO9rA21")

Straub, Joy

Jun 20, 2019, 11:09:36 PM6/20/19
to bootstra...@googlegroups.com
Yeah!!  Changing that line of code did the trick!!  Thank you.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 7:56 PM Schanzer (Director) <scha...@bootstrapworld.org> wrote:
Yep - it looks like you started with an old file that loads v1.2 of the teachpack. All the links in the new lessons load v1.4 by default, but you can always change an older file to use the new library by replacing the Bootstrap-DataScience-v1.2.arr line with:

include shared-gdrive("Bootstrap-DataScience-v1.4.arr", "189UgLQQ3Eag5JtrxpBjFzLMS3BO9rA21")

Schanzer (Director)

Jun 21, 2019, 10:14:14 AM6/21/19
to Bootstrap-Teachers
Ah, the link on the teacher resources page did indeed point to the previous version! Thanks for reporting that. It's fixed now, and you should be good to go!