How long did it take you to do Bootstrap Algebra?

Shawn Kenner

Mar 2, 2019, 10:39:03 AM3/2/19
to Bootstrap-Teachers
It seems to suggest about 17 55-minute class periods, but I suspect it's more like double that. I took the workshop years ago and have always wanted to tech it. Can a few folks weigh in with their experiences? Yeah, I know that if I augment, it modifies the amount of time required but looking for a reality check here. thank you - a search of the forum didn't turn up a similar question.

Shawn in snowy MA

Alla Lantsman

Mar 2, 2019, 11:10:13 AM3/2/19
to Bootstrap-Teachers
It really depends on the readiness of your students. I work with freshmen but their level in math is very low. 25% of them are IEP students. My course title is Computer Math with Algebra. All my students have Algebra 1 as well. I consistently need to review with them basic math skills, take a time in introducing the new concepts, and reteaching them. In my case it's a whole year course. With average level students probably you are correct, you can consider double of suggested time. With advance students given time is about right.