Google images

Meg Glidden

Apr 28, 2023, 2:07:52 PM4/28/23
to Bootstrap-Teachers
Hi, In teaching the basic game I'm wasting soooo much time in Google images. My students follow all the correct parameters but go through dozens of pictures that can't be used. How do we find a good picture quickly? m

Schanzer (Director)

Apr 28, 2023, 2:09:56 PM4/28/23
to Bootstrap-Teachers
Hi Meg - this forum hasn't been active for a few years now. I'd recommend posting future questions to our Discourse site.

As for finding images - as you've seen, Google Images is terrible for this sort of thing! We've highly recommend Bing image search instead.

But more importantly -- tell kids to stop doing this in class! They've got all the time in the world to mess with their game images at home. ;-)

Straub, Joy

Apr 28, 2023, 2:13:39 PM4/28/23
to bootstra...@googlegroups.com
Another thing I do is tell them to put "clip art" in their search parameters.  This gives more pictures that can be used.  :)

Joy Straub, M Ed.
Math Teacher - AP Statistics & Data Science
CSF Advisor
TOSA Assessments - Site Coordinator
Mission Vista High School

Math Department Motto: Math is a journey. Navigate with GPS - Grit, Perseverance, and Self-Motivation
Our purpose at MVHS is to empower students to be self-directed, creative, and critical thinkers who persevere to positively impact the interconnected world.

Meg Glidden

Apr 28, 2023, 8:31:16 PM4/28/23
to bootstra...@googlegroups.com
Dr. Schanzer, You are a lifesaver. I took the seminar with you a decade ago, and then again a couple of years later. I've been teaching this class ever since. Google images was fine at first; I should have checked with you when it got bad. I'll go to Discourse and Bing respectively. Again, thank you, Meg Glidden

Meg Glidden

Apr 28, 2023, 8:33:21 PM4/28/23
to bootstra...@googlegroups.com
Joy, Thank you! I will do that. It's hard to keep them focused when they get frustrated so early on. Yours and Dr. Schanzer's advice will help a lot, Meg

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Bootstrap-Teachers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bootstrap-discuss/CAEUxFnab2uF%3D7E_wMXys1gqBODhe6%2BxvmRe9-qqApC44Cujc9A%40mail.gmail.com.