Friday Aug 29th Casual Meetup - Any Venue Reccomendations?

liberonetuk

Jul 29, 2014, 7:18:00 AM7/29/14
to bootstr...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone
We're looking at organising the next meetup for Friday August 29th,

Can anyone recommend a good venue in Manchester that won't be too busy or noisy

Either a cafe / bar with relaxed lounge atmosphere,

We tried Common bar last time but it just wasn't ideal, as it was too busy, noisy, difficult to find seats and difficult for new people to find us.

Cheers
Dan

liberonetuk

Jul 29, 2014, 8:37:20 AM7/29/14
to bootstr...@googlegroups.com
Just had one recommendation of the Cornerhouse

cheers
Dan

Mark van Harmelen

Jul 29, 2014, 8:40:26 AM7/29/14
to bootstr...@googlegroups.com
Dan,

Not busy on Friday evening, and in Central Manchester -- that's a hard call.

You could try the (trendy) Castle Hotel on Oldham St and see if it's back room is available. The Crown and Anchor on the junction of Oldham St / Swan St / Gt Ancoats St is a quieter pub but may not have the space.

Cornerhouse on a Friday evening upstairs, as just recommended, but I'd recommend that you need to reconnoitre and assess space and noise volumes.

As the Unis are not in session up you may have better luck slightly out of town, eg upstairs at Kro in the Uni Manc area (near Oxford Rd and Dover St).

mark

Dr Mark van Harmelen
Director, Hedtek Ltd

phone                  07830 212 464 (international +44 7830 212 464)
skype                   markvanharmelen
web                      http://hedtek.com
developer blog     http://devblog.hedtek.com

Gradient Assessment
                             http://gradientassessment.com
                             http://markitquickly.com

Hedtek is a limited company registered in England and Wales, Co Reg No 6300001

5th Floor, 10 Little Lever Street, Manchester M1 1HR