New York City Summer Bootstrap Workshops

Emma Youndtsmith

Jun 22, 2015, 11:37:36 AM6/22/15
to bootstrap...@googlegroups.com
We're pleased to announce that thanks to our partnership with CSNYC, Bootstrap will be hosting two workshops back-to-back in NYC this summer!

Attend our Bootstrap:1 workshop August 17 - 18. This is a two-day workshop covering all the material in Bootstrap:1, and is open to any and all Math or CS/Technology teachers. Apply now and learn how your students can program videogames with algebra!

Attend our FIRST Bootstrap:2 workshop August 19-21! You've asked for it, we've hinted at it, and we're thrilled to finally announce the very first Bootstrap:2 workshop! This curriculum is a continuation of Bootstrap:1, introducing data structures so that students can create even more elaborate videogames using algebra and new computer science concepts. This workshop is open to teachers who have previously completed Bootstrap:1 with their students OR who teach computer science (using a language like Java, C, C++, etc). Apply now and learn how you can take Bootstrap even farther with your students!

Registration for each workshop is FREE for NYC public school teachers, and $350 for teachers from other districts. This covers lunch and a light breakfast on each day, plus all materials and PD hours.

NOTE for NYC Public School teachers: After applying for one of the above workshops, please have your principal, superintendent, or other administrator fill out the support application for the appropriate workshop below: