February Updates

Emmanuel Schanzer

Feb 15, 2014, 12:27:33 PM2/15/14
to bootstrap...@googlegroups.com
First off, a happy Valentine's Day to those who celebrate it. For the past week, the Bootstrap team has been celebrating by doing what we love: improving our curriculum, our software, and continuing to support teachers around the country!

In addition to a number of (small) bugfixes and tweaks to WeScheme, the most significant change we're rolling out today is a set of solutions for all of the extra exercises we announced this past fall. These can be found under the Teacher Resources section of our website, which (as always) requires a password to access. These solutions are auto-generated from the exercises themselves, meaning that every future exercise we create will automatically have the solutions created as well.

In addition, we've worked very hard to re-write some of the code behind these lessons in order to better support printing them under Firefox. (Special thanks to Gail Adler for helping us debug some of these issues!)

We have a lot of exciting plans for the months ahead, and we think you're going to love what's in store for your students. Our efforts are directed by your feedback, thoughtful reflection, and requests -- so keep them coming!

Sincerely,
Emmanuel Schanzer
Bootstrap Program Director