Transitioning to v2

Erdinç Kocaman

Jun 26, 2020, 1:21:54 PM6/26/20
to Bootique User Group
Hello,

v2 is not officially available yet. Is it safe to start migrating to v2 from snapshot release or better to wait until v2 settles down if there is a fair amount of applications developed in v1?

Andrus Adamchik

Jun 27, 2020, 5:54:32 AM6/27/20
to Bootique User Group
Hi Erdinç,

Let me explain what's happening in 2.0 and you can make your own call on this.

I am switching more and more apps to 2.0 snapshots. It is much lighter and has a number of compelling new features. But there's still lots of active development, so there is a real risk that you will need to fix things on your end as the API evolves. The most active area of API changes is JUnit 5 integration (which also happens to be one of the most useful new features in 2.0). After this stabilizes we are planning to make the first milestone release.

Andrus

Erdinç Kocaman

Jun 28, 2020, 9:31:27 AM6/28/20
to Bootique User Group
Thanks for the reply. Using v2 for new projects might be good idea.