Jakarta stack is available in 3.0

Andrus Adamchik

Nov 14, 2021, 1:51:09 PM11/14/21
to Bootique User Group
Just finished integrating Jakarta stack in Bootique 3.0. Where available, it exists as an alternative and in parallel with JavaEE. So here is the current state of the port...

Jakarta support added:

* bootique-jetty - through Jetty 11
* bootique-jersey - through Jersey 3
* bootique-mvc

Jakarta support is not yet possible:

* bootique-agrest - will require Agrest 5.0 [1]
* bootique-tapestry - can't find any info on Jakarta support plans

Ignored:

* bootique-cxf - does anyone still care about CXF? Should we support it going forward?

Andrus

[1] https://groups.google.com/g/agrest-user/c/Cw2yE4LMvu0

aristedes...@gmail.com

Dec 7, 2021, 6:38:24 PM12/7/21
to Bootique User Group
Yes, I care about CXF. Its a nice library which is actively developed and supports a wide range of options.

Ari

Andrus Adamchik

Dec 8, 2021, 9:08:39 AM12/8/21
to Bootique User Group
Hi Ari,

Cool. Thanks for confirming. Will need to figure out their support for JDK versions and Jakarta EE APIs.