Snapshot repo is about to change

Andrus Adamchik

Feb 9, 2021, 11:01:11 AM2/9/21
to bootiq...@googlegroups.com
Heads up on snapshot repo change. If you are not using Bootique *snapshots* as dependencies of your projects, you can ignore this message. If you do, keep reading...

Due to the recent Bintray sunset announcement [1], we will be switching Bootique snapshot repo from JFrog [2] to Sonatype [3]. I am grateful to JFrog for hosting us for a number of years, and it is their right to pull the plug on free (or paid services), so no hard feelings, but we need to move on.

What that means in practice is that soon (probably in a week or two), we will point all supported branches of Bootique and individual modules ("master" and "1.x") to the new snapshot repo. The old snapshots will remain around for as long as JFrog permits it. But the new builds will all be published to Sonatype.

You will need to adjust your repository configs accordingly. If you are using Nexus or similar repo manager at your org, you can already go ahead and add [3] as an extra "proxy" repo. If you are referencing the repo directly from the POM, wait till we announce the switchover.

RELEASES OF BOOTIQUE ARE NOT AFFECTED - THEY ARE STILL PUBLISHED TO CENTRAL.

Andrus

[1] https://jfrog.com/blog/into-the-sunset-bintray-jcenter-gocenter-and-chartcenter/
[2] https://oss.jfrog.org/artifactory/oss-snapshot-local/
[3] https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/snapshots/

Andrus Adamchik

Feb 18, 2021, 3:05:27 AM2/18/21
to Bootique User Group
Done. All the new SNAPSHOT builds are (and will be) posted to [3], while older SNAPSHOTS are still sitting in [2].

Andrus