[boost] Boost 1.80.0 master open for bug fixes

Glen Fernandes via Boost

Jul 14, 2022, 7:36:14 AM7/14/22
to bo...@lists.boost.org, Glen Fernandes
Now open for bug fixes and documentation changes. Other changes by
release manager permission.

The next deadline: On August 3rd, master closes for all changes.

Glen

Andrey Semashev via Boost

Jul 24, 2022, 6:17:29 AM7/24/22
to bo...@lists.boost.org, Andrey Semashev
On 7/14/22 14:35, Glen Fernandes via Boost wrote:
> Now open for bug fixes and documentation changes. Other changes by
> release manager permission.
>
> The next deadline: On August 3rd, master closes for all changes.

I'd like to merge Boost.Filesystem develop to master:

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/compare/master...develop

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/e9c845db2ff07927b3e202fcc30d820a53baa69c

Silences compiler warnings.

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/7cd11c770b3568bc191fbb43755e27ff47289526

Removes test-only header from include directory.

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/945c2ecf11dff68e4bac32053281bc9eb68bb846

Fixes compilation on RTEMS.

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/0601c887b7d6cba9eeef6faae694bd9fa1d8dc8c

Updates CI for MacOS to avoid its throttling due to deprecation of
macos-10.15 image.

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/014216f3e5199a3d9037dfb10f6b1032ae2afcde

Mostly cosmetics, possibly silences some compiler warnings regarding
literal zeros used as NULL pointers.

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/36cf9aaf816a39dce3d32e2bfe09e214d7f3ab64
https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/ea22e7655258b61776e4213ca4001a6b97b3541b

Properly fixes CVE-2022-21658 on POSIX and Windows.

Andrey Semashev via Boost

Jul 24, 2022, 6:20:22 AM7/24/22
On 7/24/22 13:17, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> On 7/14/22 14:35, Glen Fernandes via Boost wrote:
>> Now open for bug fixes and documentation changes. Other changes by
>> release manager permission.
>>
>> The next deadline: On August 3rd, master closes for all changes.
>
> I'd like to merge Boost.Filesystem develop to master:
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/compare/master...develop
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/e9c845db2ff07927b3e202fcc30d820a53baa69c
>
> Silences compiler warnings.
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/7cd11c770b3568bc191fbb43755e27ff47289526
>
> Removes test-only header from include directory.
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/945c2ecf11dff68e4bac32053281bc9eb68bb846
>
> Fixes compilation on RTEMS.
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/0601c887b7d6cba9eeef6faae694bd9fa1d8dc8c
>
> Updates CI for MacOS to avoid its throttling due to deprecation of
> macos-10.15 image.

Forgot about these two:

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/fd3af5420876371e6d313ed5576fe22de935be11

Silences compiler warnings.

https://github.com/boostorg/filesystem/commit/561b964c2e04fbc1f7cfae16b2fe6f8d839892bc

Fixes copy_file behavior on Linux if it switches from copy_file_range to
sendfile implementation.

Glen Fernandes via Boost

Jul 24, 2022, 9:14:45 AM7/24/22
to bo...@lists.boost.org, Glen Fernandes
On Sun, Jul 24, 2022 at 6:20 AM Andrey Semashev via Boost
<bo...@lists.boost.org> wrote:
> I'd like to merge Boost.Filesystem develop to master:

Go ahead

Hans Dembinski via Boost

Jul 25, 2022, 3:49:48 AM7/25/22
to Boost Devs, Hans Dembinski
Dear Glen,

I would like to merge the following patches for Boost Histogram:

https://github.com/boostorg/histogram/pull/356

This fixes a segfault that occured in rare cases.

https://github.com/boostorg/histogram/pull/359

This removes deprecated parts of the API. The deprecation was first announced a few versions back according to our guidelines.

https://github.com/boostorg/histogram/pull/360
https://github.com/boostorg/histogram/pull/357

Enables tests of the builtin ostream operator for histograms on Windows, this has no impact on users. The functionality was fine on Windows before, but I couldn't test it. I only now figured out how to pass environment variables to a test in a platform-independent way in b2 and cmake.

https://github.com/boostorg/histogram/pull/358

This is a change to the CI scripts without impact on users.

https://github.com/boostorg/histogram/commit/1a754bac7780302a25f3fa76f6f9c1b147cfc3f7

Documentation update.

Best regards,
Hans

Glen Fernandes via Boost

Jul 25, 2022, 5:17:27 AM7/25/22
to Hans Dembinski, Glen Fernandes, Boost Devs
Hi Hans,

OK to merge. Please make sure #359 is reflected in the 1.80 release notes.

Thanks!

Glen

Adam Wulkiewicz via Boost

Aug 2, 2022, 10:24:50 AM8/2/22
to bo...@lists.boost.org, Adam Wulkiewicz
W dniu 14.07.2022 o 13:35, Glen Fernandes via Boost pisze:

> Now open for bug fixes and documentation changes. Other changes by
> release manager permission.
>
> The next deadline: On August 3rd, master closes for all changes.

I'd like to merge the following bugfixes:

https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/1028
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/1036
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/1038
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/1042
https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/1043

Adam

Nathaniel Groendyk via Boost

Aug 2, 2022, 10:38:54 AM8/2/22
to bo...@lists.boost.org, Nathaniel Groendyk
Hi all,

I'd like to merge bugfix: https://github.com/boostorg/asio/pull/394
which fixes: https://github.com/chriskohlhoff/asio/issues/1098

However, I am not sure if this is the proper workflow for submitting
proposed fixes (I am new to contributing to boost), but thought I would
post it here just to bring it to attention before master is closed.
If I am in err, could someone point me to any docs about the proper
workflow for submitting a bugfix :)

Thanks
Nate

Marshall Clow via Boost

Aug 3, 2022, 1:33:58 AM8/3/22
to Boost Developers List, Marshall Clow

> On Aug 2, 2022, at 7:37 AM, Nathaniel Groendyk via Boost <bo...@lists.boost.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to merge bugfix: https://github.com/boostorg/asio/pull/394
> which fixes: https://github.com/chriskohlhoff/asio/issues/1098
>
> However, I am not sure if this is the proper workflow for submitting
> proposed fixes (I am new to contributing to boost), but thought I would
> post it here just to bring it to attention before master is closed.
> If I am in err, could someone point me to any docs about the proper
> workflow for submitting a bugfix :)
>
> Thanks
> Nate
>

> On Tue, Aug 2, 2022 at 10:24 AM Adam Wulkiewicz via Boost <
> bo...@lists.boost.org> wrote:
>
>> W dniu 14.07.2022 o 13:35, Glen Fernandes via Boost pisze:
>>> Now open for bug fixes and documentation changes. Other changes by
>>> release manager permission.
>>>
>>> The next deadline: On August 3rd, master closes for all changes.
>>
>> I'd like to merge the following bugfixes:
>>
>> https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/1028
>> https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/1036
>> https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/1038
>> https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/1042
>> https://github.com/boostorg/geometry/pull/1043

If you’re happy with the test results, go ahead.

— Marshall

Marshall Clow via Boost

Aug 3, 2022, 1:40:00 AM8/3/22
to Boost Developers List, Marshall Clow, ch...@kohlhoff.com
On Aug 2, 2022, at 7:37 AM, Nathaniel Groendyk via Boost <bo...@lists.boost.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to merge bugfix: https://github.com/boostorg/asio/pull/394
> which fixes: https://github.com/chriskohlhoff/asio/issues/1098
>
> However, I am not sure if this is the proper workflow for submitting
> proposed fixes (I am new to contributing to boost), but thought I would
> post it here just to bring it to attention before master is closed.
> If I am in err, could someone point me to any docs about the proper
> workflow for submitting a bugfix :)

You’ve made a good start.

You submit a PR against the develop branch of some library (ASIO, in this case). Ok, you’ve done that.
The owner of the library reviews/approves/rejects/asks for revisions of the PR. That doesn’t appear to have happened.
The PR gets merged to the ‘develop’ branch. This hasn’t happened, either.
The CI tests run. The test bots run. The results are inspected.
When the tests look good, the library owner merges the change is ‘develop’ into ‘master’, where it shows up in a release.

— Marshall

Andrey Semashev via Boost

Aug 3, 2022, 4:41:25 AM8/3/22
to bo...@lists.boost.org, Andrey Semashev, ch...@kohlhoff.com
On 8/3/22 08:39, Marshall Clow via Boost wrote:
> On Aug 2, 2022, at 7:37 AM, Nathaniel Groendyk via Boost <bo...@lists.boost.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to merge bugfix: https://github.com/boostorg/asio/pull/394
>> which fixes: https://github.com/chriskohlhoff/asio/issues/1098
>>
>> However, I am not sure if this is the proper workflow for submitting
>> proposed fixes (I am new to contributing to boost), but thought I would
>> post it here just to bring it to attention before master is closed.
>> If I am in err, could someone point me to any docs about the proper
>> workflow for submitting a bugfix :)
>
> You’ve made a good start.
>
> You submit a PR against the develop branch of some library (ASIO, in this case). Ok, you’ve done that.
> The owner of the library reviews/approves/rejects/asks for revisions of the PR. That doesn’t appear to have happened.
> The PR gets merged to the ‘develop’ branch. This hasn’t happened, either.
> The CI tests run. The test bots run. The results are inspected.
> When the tests look good, the library owner merges the change is ‘develop’ into ‘master’, where it shows up in a release.

This is how it works for most libraries, but not for Boost.ASIO in
particular. ASIO is being developed at
https://github.com/chriskohlhoff/asio, so that's where you originally
submit the PR or otherwise try to integrate your changes. Then Chris
will generate Boost.ASIO from that project, and at that point the fix
will propagate to Boost.