[boost] Boost libraries packaged for build2

1 view

Boris Kolpackov via Boost

Nov 2, 2021, 5:46:29 AM11/2/21
to bo...@lists.boost.org, Boris Kolpackov
We have added support for the build2 build systems to 136 out of 145
Boost libraries and version 1.77.0 is now available from the cppget.org
package repository. For details, see:

https://build2.org/blog/build2-boost.xhtml

Folks on this mailing list may be particularly interested in the
"Implementation Details" section where we go deeper into how this
conversion was accomplished:

https://build2.org/blog/build2-boost.xhtml#impl-details

(There is also the README-DEV file in the repository linked from this
section which has even more details.)

Also, let me add that this is not a call to convert Boost to build2.
While we would gladly assist with this effort if the Boost community
so wishes, we are also happy to continue our work out of tree.