Multiple instance and thread safety?

de...@eng.ucsd.edu

Mar 10, 2018, 8:22:12 AM3/10/18
to Boolector
Hi,

We'd like to use boolector in a new tool, possibly by extending the Haskell bindings. I'd like to understand if boolector is a good fit for our existing model or if we need to tweak it to work better with your library.

Is it safe to create multiple boolector instances to solve multiple equations, simultaneously? Importantly, is it safe to do this in different (separate) threads ? From the API design it seems like the answer is yes to both, but I couldn't find documentation to confirm this.

Thanks!

-deian

Armin Biere

Mar 10, 2018, 9:28:39 AM3/10/18
to Boolector
It should be thread safe, except that printing verbose information etc. is not locked and most
likely will produce garbage if you run multiple instances producing verbose output in different
threads printing to the same output stream, but this should not influence correctness.

Armin

de...@eng.ucsd.edu

Mar 10, 2018, 3:56:52 PM3/10/18
to Boolector
Fantastic, thanks! (I' not concerned about printing, makes sense that that would not be locked.)