lulu depreciated

Adam Hyde

Jan 17, 2013, 4:37:10 PM1/17/13
to booktype-dev
hey

just to let you guys know...the lulu api was depreciated as of last
week. if it is still working it wont be for long. they are pulling it
down and not replacing it

adam

Johannes Wilm

Jan 17, 2013, 4:54:59 PM1/17/13
to booktype-dev
Any reason? What about working with Lightningsourcer? That's who publishers will print through when doing POD anyway.

But maybe we should just forget about any such plugin for now untiol someone pays us to do it for them. The timeline for the next six month+ has bneen decided upon anyway.

adam

Johannes Wilm
Booktype Developer

Adam Hyde

Jan 17, 2013, 4:57:17 PM1/17/13
to bookty...@googlegroups.com
they werent getting enough use

Aco Erkalovic

Jan 17, 2013, 6:50:55 PM1/17/13
to bookty...@googlegroups.com
In that case I will just remove it for the new release. Don't think
anybody is going to miss it.

Aco

--
Aleksandar Erkalović
aleksandar...@sourcefabric.org

www.sourcefabric.org
www.twitter.com/Sourcefabric

Subscribe to our Newsletter:
www.sourcefabric.org/newsletter/

Adam Hyde

Jan 17, 2013, 6:55:26 PM1/17/13
to bookty...@googlegroups.com
yeah, good idea

Tim Bo

Apr 16, 2013, 9:21:51 AM4/16/13
to bookty...@googlegroups.com

A late follow up but:

as we are trying to get the next version of T&D onto Lulu (via creating a PDF and then submissing it), I have the following problem: The page size is not being created the way I have defined it in the book.css file. Where exactly should the page size be defined? In the CSS I have working, there are multiple page dimension definitions, but none of them correspond to the page size that is being created by Chrome!   :-<

Quick assistance would be great, as this should have happened last week or even before.

Cheers,

Tim

Johannes Wilm

Apr 16, 2013, 9:29:04 AM4/16/13
to bookty...@googlegroups.com
Hey Tim,

it seems you are using BookJS, correct? What version fo BookJS are you using, or if you don't know that, what is the publishing workflow you are utilizing?

Johannes Wilm
BookJS Developer

skype: johanneswilm

Tim Bo

Apr 16, 2013, 10:05:48 AM4/16/13
to bookty...@googlegroups.com
A quick follow - up: I bit the bullet and started using the newest BookJS. This has instantly made it clear how to make the page size correct (thanks to the documenters!) and has reminded me that the entire layout repairs I had made previously were for nothing, as it had never been at the correct size. Ah shite.

So back to the start and I will attempt to get the page breaks in a nice place instead of immediately after a h2, which it seems to like doing.....

Best,

Tim

Johannes Wilm

Apr 16, 2013, 10:08:07 AM4/16/13
to bookty...@googlegroups.com
Well thanks!

Good to hear that it works the way you expect it to!

Johannes Wilm
BookJS developer,
BookJS documenter,
BookJS translator,
BookJS promoter

;)

Tim Bo

Apr 17, 2013, 1:20:25 PM4/17/13
to bookty...@googlegroups.com
Well, it seeems to be working. I got the newest things up and running. New question coming up immediately after this!
chrz,

tm