Issues with Booktype branch 2.0

Marieke Guy

Oct 1, 2013, 7:46:35 AM10/1/13
to bookty...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Can anyone help!

I'm trying to get a handbook collaboratively written and want to use Booktype. Our sysadmin team have set up branch 2.0 but I'm having quite a few problems with it. Including:

  • Edit book info - clicking on this option doesn't seem to do anything so I can't edit the info, change licence, add image etc.
  • The text editor seems to be a bit odd - sometimes changes don't get saved, and the styles change by themselves
  • I can't add attachments or notes
My sysadmin are happy to move to an earlier more stable version but recommended I get some advice about the best version to use first.

Thanks

Marieke

----

Marieke Guy
LinkedUp Project Community Coordinator | skype: mariekeguy | tel: 44 (0) 1285 885681 | @mariekeguy
The Open Knowledge Foundation
Empowering through Open Knowledge
http://okfn.org/ | @okfn| OKF on Facebook | Blog | Newsletter
http://remoteworker.wordpress.com

Aco Erkalovic

Oct 1, 2013, 7:53:35 AM10/1/13
to booktype-dev
Hi Marieke,

you should use Booktype 1.6.1. Version 2.0 is under heavy development and will not be ready for production for at least 1-2 months.

Aco

Aleksandar Erkalović
Booktype Developer
aleksandar...@sourcefabric.org