Attend an online teach-in this Saturday?

etg.bo...@yahoo.com

Nov 3, 2021, 3:41:53 PM11/3/21
to ETG-BOOK-CAFE GROUP, Katie McCarthy
Greetings! We hope all is well with you and yours!

We usually only send out emails publicizing ETG BookCafe events and specials, but we are making an exception.  Our friends at the SANE Energy Project having been working for the past ten years "....to build a potent grassroots movement pushing for a rapid and just transition to 100% publicly owned renewable and sustainable energy in New York. We build every campaign through a lens of racial, social, and economic justice." (to quote their website )

Since "world leaders" are meeting this week to consider the urgent issues we face globally, we think it's a perfect time to find out more about urgent, local issues that we are facing, and to find our what we can do to contribute to solving these issues.

The Sane Energy Project peeps are hosting an online teach-in at 6pm this Saturday November 6th
to update Staten Islanders (and others) about National Grid's expansion of fracked gas infrastructure in our neighborhoods.
This affects all of us in Staten Island as well as Brooklyn, Southeast Queens and Long Island.

To join the teach-in this Saturday evening,  register here.
Once you do that, you will get a ZOOM link to the event.

Thank you for considering this!

Katie McCarthy and Nadette Stasa

ETG BookCafe
208 Bay St, SI, NY 10301