Events this weekend

ETG Book Cafe

Jan 22, 2020, 7:46:45 PM1/22/20
to ETG-BOOK-CAFE GROUP
Hi!
I am just letting you know about the upcoming events this weekend, and our January book sale.

E V E N T S :
FRIDAY JAN 24, 7:30     NEW MOON AQUARIUS CEREMONY
   Please join AKASHA, EMELIO, BRIANA, and others for an evening of expression, awareness, astrology, and ritual fine tuned to bring us back into alignment with the natural world!  A night of setting intentions & clearing space for the new.
    Gathering together in ceremony builds energy and vibration while strengthening unity, utilizing the powers that be and opening the doorways to your own higher self and true healer. Help us create a sacred space so we may all heal and rise together!  After the ceremony will be a DRUM CIRCLE, so please join us.
    This event is purely donation based. That means there is no set exchange to attend. Your generosity is a reflection of your experience so please give what you feel called. We need you more than we need the money! (Suggested Donation: $22)
*Doors open at 7*
**Please wear a white shirt if possible**
***Feel free to bring any items you would like charged on the alter, and/ or any native instruments***

SATURDAY JAN 25, 12:30      ECKANKAR Spiritual Philosophy Meet-up
What is Karma and how does it work in our lives?  Open discussion.
   "The Law of Karma, yet another facet of the Law of Love, purifies people by holding them responsible for their thoughts and deeds, both to themselves and others." Harold Klemp, Wisdom of the Heart

SATURDAY JAN 25, 7:30    ETG OPEN MIC  Open sign up! POETRY, SONGS, VIDEO, COMEDY, IMPROVISATIONAL STORY-TELLING, etc. in a supporting attentive environment. Seasoned pros, beginners, and everybody in-between can enjoy sharing their gifts on our welcoming stage. We have microphones, PA, amps, projector, screen, and an interested MC. { 2 songs, or  8 min max.}

SUNDAY JAN 26, 10am-12pm   QUAKER MEETING   All are welcome!    MEETING in 3rd room  BookCafe WILL BE CLOSED, and meeting will be happening back in the 3rd room.  Staten Island Meeting of Friends is an unprogrammed meeting. Traditional Quaker testimonies (e.g., that of God within or the "inner light," peace, and simplicity) are held dear, but there is no dogma and no professional clergy.   Meeting for Worship is not necessarily completely silent. Participants may be moved by the spirit to respectfully share vocal ministry. That includes you, even when it’s your first meeting; but please note that vocal ministry is not a sermon nor a debate, nor is it idle chatter. It’s only the concise expression of “that of God within.” It is customary for an individual to speak no more than once during a single Meeting for Worship.    For more info: Please see  https://statenislandquakers.org/ or call or text 917-617-4207, or email t.lochwyn (at) gmail.com

JANUARY   B O O K    S A L E
25% OFF  FICTION (General Novels, Sci-Fi Fantasy, Mystery & Suspense, Short Stories, Anthologies)
25% OFF  FITNESS (also Exercise, Health, Medicine, Nutrition, Diet)

--- Katie and Steve
Every Thing Goes Book Cafe and Neighborhood Stage
208 Bay Street, between Victory Blvd and Hannah St
Tompkinsville, Staten Island NYC
718-447-8256
http://www.etgstores.com/bookcafe/