ETG BookCafe UPDATES

etg.bo...@yahoo.com

Mar 12, 2020, 9:58:08 PM3/12/20
to ETG-BOOK-CAFE GROUP
Hi everybody,

   This email is to update you about our upcoming events as regards the Corona Virus.  Some of our upcoming events have been cancelled or postponed until a later date when the danger will have passed.

   For example after consulting with the SIAMS organizers we have decided to postpone this weekend's two-night Beatles tribute  until May; because the Beatles show is always very crowded and draws an older crowd, it would be difficult to maintain the safe distancing being recommended by the authorities. Better to be safe than sorry. That Beatles weekend has been rescheduled for the time being to Friday and Saturday nights, May 22nd - 23rd

   Not all of our upcoming events have been cancelled as of yet, but the ones that have been cancelled include the LA PLUMA Y LA TINTA poetry event, the NY Public Library sponsored book discussion events, and the next two Wil Wynn CURIOUSLY POETIC events.

   We are with you all as we see what happens next, and our event webpage will reflect scheduling changes as they appear.

   Here at ETG we have deployed additional bottles of hand-sanitizer around the cafe, and are disinfecting shared surfaces (door handles, etc) frequently throughout the day.

   Meanwhile please keep well hydrated, take plenty of vitamin C, and wash your hands more than ever before. AND try not to worry. Keep positive. (It's good for your immune system).

   We have been experimenting with creating a health tonic drink using fresh ginger, apple cider vinegar,honey and cayenne pepper ... an immune system builder...and tasty!! The tests have been quite delicious in a rocking-rolling sort of way. I feel better already! :-D

   We have other delicious tonics on our menu, such as our marvelous "Eve's Elixir", an herbal tea (or tisane) sweetened with honey- it's very high in Vitamin C because of the rosehips. Many of the other organic teas on our menu have health benefits, as well as our ETG Bowl made with brown rice, fresh raw veggies (including kale), and our homemade sauces. Eating a healthy diet that includes plenty of whole grains and fresh veggies can help boost your immune system.. Oh yeah, and get plenty of rest...and wash your hands!!

Best wishes
Steve and Katie
Every Thing Goes Book Cafe and Neighborhood Stage