May happenings at ETG BookCafe

1 view

etg.bo...@yahoo.com

Apr 30, 2022, 10:39:58 PM4/30/22
to ETG-BOOK-CAFE GROUP

Greetings!  We hope you are enjoying this lovely time of year!
In May we celebrate Mother's Day and National Bike Month!  Woohoo!!

Our FREE events this month:

Sat. May 7th at 7pm ~ Bob Conroy and the Pedersons {Norm and Jean}

play traditional American songs and tunes...

Fiddle, guitar, mandolin and banjo and heartfelt harmonies~ join us for some foot-tapping fun!

Sat May 14th 2pm-3pm~  Local author Maria Dellaventura reads from her two recent books : “Life after Loss: Healing Piece by Peace”, and “Nobody Likes A Pest” (a children's book about Sneaky Seymour, a squirrel)

Sat May 14th 7pm-9pm Our friend Alan W.  Moore returns to the Isle of Staten to celebrate the release of his memoir “Art Worker: Doing Time in the New York Artworld” (covering his experiences from the 70's up until 2002). The evening will include readings from his book, reminiscing, music, book signing, Q & A, and more!

Musical interludes by special guest Christoph Mayer!!

Sat. May 21st 12:30- 3pm Accessory Swap: Hats, Scarves, Bags, Belts

   Bring 2 or items to give away, and take what you want!

Sat May 21st 4pm Local poet Tom Cintula reads poems from his book “Sonnetsphere’, a series of sonnets that have been written to express his innermost emotions and personal feelings.

Thurs. May 26th 7pm- 9pm "Death Cafe”. Mix and Mingle from 6:30 to 7pm, discussion starts promptly at 7pm; from the website DEATH CAFE: "At a death cafe, people gather to eat cake, drink tea, and discuss death."

Sat. May 28th - Open Mic, 7pm to 9pm. Bring your music, poem, dance, etc. to share with us.

The back garden is looking so lovely these days!  It's a real treat to visit the fairies and gnomes and other magical creatures out there!

     We still have free seeds to give away (leftover from our recent seed swap) so drop by if you are a gardener who can use some seeds.

Warmly,
Katie McCarthy & Nadette Stasa
ETG BookCafe
208 Bay St, SI, NY 10301