Boofuzz sending test case before complete server response.

Dinosaur Junior

Jul 15, 2019, 9:21:37 AM7/15/19
to boofuzz
Hello,

My first time here, pardon me If this is a stupid question I am quite new with Boofuzz and new at fuzzing in general.

I am writing an FTP fuzzer and after passing my credentials, the server I am fuzzing will send 2 consecutive 230 responses before accepting the next FTP command. I don't think that's RFC compliant but that's what the application does and I need to deal with it in order to fuzz it in a meaningfull way.

My problem is that most of the time, boofuzz will send the next test case after receiving the first 230 as the 2 230 messages are received separately apparently.

So I worked around this by adding a callback to check for the second 230 before sending the second test case, this works fine, however sometimes the two 230 are received together by boofuzz and consequently the callback fails and my fuzzing session stops.

Successful iteration:

Failed Iteration:

As you can see in the successful iteration, "'230-Logged on\r\n" is received first then the call back received "'230 \r\n'", in the failed one only "'230-Logged on\r\n230 \r\n'" is received in one shot as the server response and this cause the call back to fail.

Again, I think this is a noob question but I don't know how to deal with this situation.

Many thanks,